Installed Accufab 75mm TB and Plenum, but now..

Smeech

Feb 28, 2004
Fremont, Ca
I installed the accufab 75mm TB and Plenum on my car... it went pretty smooth, sounds good... changed the tone. It idles just fine, a little higher than before (maybe 100-150 rpm higher, around 700) and runs really smooth.

However, it has a diesel-like sound to it when idling. It's only really noticeable when I have the hood open, and I'm paranoid about the "piston slap" problem... does the TB/Plenum create a raspier sound under the hood?

It wasn't making that sound before the swap... We hand tightened the plenum but didn't overtighten them IMO..

I don't think so.. but I'll double check cracks/missed vacuum lines. Is it possible I don't have the Plenum tightened enough? It's tight, but I didn't want to overtighten it...

I left the stock o-ring on the lower intake manifold when I put on the plenum.. should I just remove it?

no, you leave the stock o ring in... I had the same problem, theres a line on the back side I didn't have pushed in all the way and it was leaking slightly

no SoTP gains, at least I dont feel em, throttle response is silky smooth now though, and that makes it worth every penny even if I'll only see the increase on the Dyno

madmatt said:
Hows the SOTP gain with them on? Congrats on fixing your prob.
I really noticed a difference on mine at 3K...it suddenly pulls like it never did before, pulling pretty hard to 6K (it can NEVER pull hard enough ). Below 3K, the difference is minimal. The 3.73s likely make the additional power more noticable.

twogts4us said:
I really noticed a difference on mine at 3K...it suddenly pulls like it never did before, pulling pretty hard to 6K (it can NEVER pull hard enough ). Below 3K, the difference is minimal. The 3.73s likely make the additional power more noticable.

Same here.. plus I like no slack in the throttle. The exhaust has a deeper tone, and the car now sounds mean coming towards you.