Installed Accufab 75mm TB and Plenum, but now..

Smeech

Feb 28, 2004
Fremont, Ca
I installed the accufab 75mm TB and Plenum on my car... it went pretty smooth, sounds good... changed the tone. It idles just fine, a little higher than before (maybe 100-150 rpm higher, around 700) and runs really smooth.

However, it has a diesel-like sound to it when idling. It's only really noticeable when I have the hood open, and I'm paranoid about the "piston slap" problem... does the TB/Plenum create a raspier sound under the hood?

It wasn't making that sound before the swap... We hand tightened the plenum but didn't overtighten them IMO..

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think so.. but I'll double check cracks/missed vacuum lines. Is it possible I don't have the Plenum tightened enough? It's tight, but I didn't want to overtighten it...

I left the stock o-ring on the lower intake manifold when I put on the plenum.. should I just remove it?

no, you leave the stock o ring in... I had the same problem, theres a line on the back side I didn't have pushed in all the way and it was leaking slightly

no SoTP gains, at least I dont feel em, throttle response is silky smooth now though, and that makes it worth every penny even if I'll only see the increase on the Dyno

madmatt said:
Hows the SOTP gain with them on? Congrats on fixing your prob.
I really noticed a difference on mine at 3K...it suddenly pulls like it never did before, pulling pretty hard to 6K (it can NEVER pull hard enough :D ). Below 3K, the difference is minimal. The 3.73s likely make the additional power more noticable.

twogts4us said:
I really noticed a difference on mine at 3K...it suddenly pulls like it never did before, pulling pretty hard to 6K (it can NEVER pull hard enough :D ). Below 3K, the difference is minimal. The 3.73s likely make the additional power more noticable.

Same here.. plus I like no slack in the throttle. The exhaust has a deeper tone, and the car now sounds mean coming towards you. :banana: