Installed an S-trim on a 94 Cobra and have some questions...

fastimes69

Founding Member
Jun 27, 2001
San Benito, Texas
I just installed an S-Trim on my buddy's 94 Cobra.I need to know how to bend the A/C line that is near the supercharger and the radiator hose.The instructions show like a 90 degree bend, but that's easier said than done.I f any of you installed an MSD 6al with the BTM, where did you guys mount the boxes.. Thanks in advance for your help.......... :(

• Sponsors (?)

I bent mine with my hands, and no it wasn't easy-it needs to rest right against the radiator hose when it is installed. As far as mounting the MSD box, I put it on the black plastic firewall piece behind the upper intake-thats about the only place that it will fit. I just finished up an s-trim on my 95 cobra (all stock except for exhaust and 3:73's) so it is the same difference. Right now, I am running the fmu with 12:1 disk (upgrading to larger injectors and MAF later on) instead of the called for 10:1. I was running too lean on the dyno with the 10:1 so make sure you get on a dyno before getting into boost!!

Another question is for the oil cooler lines. They end up right where the alternator mounts. Does it have to be eliminated? I see no way of reconnecting it unless I missed something or there is a way ti rig it to work. The instructions say to use the long 5/8ths heater hose and connect it from the water pump to the back of one of the rails where the heater core hoses are. Well if you disconnect it and connect the new hose in there, what do you do with the disconnected heater core hose Do you plug it up. Thanks for your help

RIght here:

1409109EnginePolishedRadCover4.jpg

Helps keep it a bit cooler
RC

I kept my oil cooler lines, had to cut some off of the one going down to the oil filter to get out of the way of the altenator-it can be done, just takes some time to figure it out. I also had to go out and buy some more heater hose because there wasn't enough in the kit to meet my needs.