Installed h-pipe, now it won't shift right? AOD

Nasty Nate

Jan 30, 2006
Portland, OR
I installed my h-pipe yesterday, it's from pacesetter, and has no cats.

Everything is installed fine, except the smog pump hose.

I drove my car around last night, and everything was perfect, I was driving it today, and it was perfect, I turned it off, and when I got back in I was driving and I noticed that it started shifting very early, and it wouldn't upshift.

If I put it in 1, it will rap out fine, but as soon as I put it in D, the highest it will rev from a stop is 2.3rpms, and then it shifts into second, and soon after (30mph) it shifts into 3rd.

What could be going wrong, could my smog pump hose be causing this, and if so, why wouldn't it do it starting from yesterday?

I just went out and disconnected my battery, to see if that would reset my computer to see if it was a computer related issue, i'm not sure if that would work (worked for my Jeeps) and it changed nothing, except frustration of me having to re-set all my radio stations.

• Sponsors (?)

sounds like while you were down there you somehow messed up your tv/kickdown cable . You may need to adjust it . It is right in front of the shifter linkage on the tranny . make sure none of it is resting on the h-pipe and check the connection under the throttle body too .

Sound like your TV pressure might be goofed. Don't drive it too much until you know, cuz it your pressure is off by enough it will burn up your bands very very fast. Adjusting TV pressure yourself is kind of hard without a pressure gauge. You might want to have a tranny shop adjust it if you think that's the prob.