Installed the Cervini Ram Air hood today

• Sponsors (?)

Looks good. I really have been happy with Cervinis. A bit cashy, but always fits right. How did you mount the hood pins? Still havent done mine yet.

i must be old fashioned because they both look nice but the stock looks cleaner to me.

I would hold on to it and not sell it looks in very good condition

Looks good. I really have been happy with Cervinis. A bit cashy, but always fits right. How did you mount the hood pins? Still havent done mine yet.

I mounted them where the rubber bump stops went. Put some white grease on top and them drilled an 1/8 pilot hole and then a larger drill for the final hole from the top and bottom. I used UPR billet hood pins. They come with a circular snap ring instead of lanyards and keep pressure on the pin to keep it in place. Picked them up for $20 at UPR.

cervinis are reinforced to not have the popping up issue, i run mine with out them and at 80+ the hood doesnt move.

looks great!!! love that hood i was kicking around a similiar hood called a Stalker type II carbonfiber difference is Stalker is a little taller hood. I gave into hoodpins a couple months ago also great move no longer have that worry of hood popping up and im even starting to like how they look.

I used think pins on a street car were not needed. Then about 10 years ago when I was going about 30, the metal hinge part on my 87 vert with the same cervini hood snapped and the hood flew up on me, damaging the cowl and the hood. I am not going to take any chances this time. For $20 it is very cheap piece of mind.

I don't have the airbox for the ram air and Cervini wants $100 for it. Anyone have one they don't want?

I had the functional ram air that is on the blur car pictured above about 15yrs ago. I had the K&N kit that goes with it. I liked the hood but hated the water that came in the scoops. It was a daily driver back then. I had no problems with it staying latched when properly adjusted. I would never drill a Cervini for hood pins. I would imagine it moves around a lot without the bumpers. I have a Cervini cowl now and it latches well too.

I had the functional ram air that is on the blur car pictured above about 15yrs ago. I had the K&N kit that goes with it. I liked the hood but hated the water that came in the scoops. It was a daily driver back then. I had no problems with it staying latched when properly adjusted. I would never drill a Cervini for hood pins. I would imagine it moves around a lot without the bumpers. I have a Cervini cowl now and it latches well too.
not sure about the OP, but mine doesn't move at all with the pins in place of the bumpers. it's all nice and snug.:nice:
i was a muscle fanatic before I got into 5.0's and to me the hood pins are a cool sort of throwback to some muscle cars, while being fully finctional.
reef3.JPG

My hood with the pins does not move at all.I put a small rubber washer on the pins so when the hood is closed it needs a little pressure to slide the pins through. On my prior car, you could see the front edges shake a little at high speeds. Now, this hood is as solid as the stocker.

Gearheadboy, I know its been 15 years, but you don't happen to still have the dang airfilter box still? Cervivin's wants $100 for it and i'm having trouble finding a used one.

I used think pins on a street car were not needed. Then about 10 years ago when I was going about 30, the metal hinge part on my 87 vert with the same cervini hood snapped and the hood flew up on me, damaging the cowl and the hood. I am not going to take any chances this time. For $20 it is very cheap piece of mind.

I don't have the airbox for the ram air and Cervini wants $100 for it. Anyone have one they don't want?
I have one and you will be very disappointed by the fit. The air seal from hood to filter box is poor. The cone filter has no metal mount at all, and will be difficult to clean. There is no baffling to divert water away from the filter in a rainstorm, and there is no drain for the water the scoops suck in.. The overall design is so poor I wouldn't use it at all without serious modification. Top that off with the fact I could not get it to run correctly with either a stock 55 MM or a 70 MM 95 Mustang MAF. Both MAF's work great with a stock airbox on the same car.

Reactions: 1 user
My hood with the pins does not move at all.I put a small rubber washer on the pins so when the hood is closed it needs a little pressure to slide the pins through. On my prior car, you could see the front edges shake a little at high speeds. Now, this hood is as solid as the stocker.

Gearheadboy, I know its been 15 years, but you don't happen to still have the dang airfilter box still? Cervivin's wants $100 for it and i'm having trouble finding a used one.
I'm really shocked the hood don't move around. I do not have any pieces left over. I liked the idea of the box, I loved the full throttle sound of the thing sucking air thru the hood. I hated the corroded alternator, intake, brackets, etc from the water. I actually ran the hood without the ram air for a while and it was a watery mess under hood. I felt even though the air box was a poor design and didn't seal well, the part that attaches to the underneath of the hood saves some mess from the scoops. But when you lift the hood, wooooosh. Its 6 of one half dozen of the other. My car was a black show car and it looked like crap under hood no matter what I did. I take it you bought it used? It has the under hood part but not the air box. Mine all came in a kit separate from the hood. I had to put that air collector on the underside of the hood.