Installed Throttle Body/Plenum!!!!

Well yesterday, I installed my accufab 75mm throttle body and plenum along with my jlt rai intake. The throttle body plenum was going fine, I was installing the new one, and as I was tightening a bolt on the accufab, a bolt snapped right off !!! This ****** was all the way in. I was freaking out, I didn't know what do to. So I took it off, tried getting it out with vice grips, no dice. So we decided to seal the hole with some gasket sealer. And boy did it work, with the bottom bolt on, it created a nice seal. I do plan on getting the screw out and get a new hole tapped, but it works like a champ for now. The intake was smooth sailing. As far as gains go, I wasn't expecting much. I noticed much better throttle response and that was about it. Once I get my full exhaust, I hope to notice more. Kyle.

• Sponsors (?)

It's not a bad install either, just dont break the damn ford bolts. I guess they're not built ford tough. Just stay organized. You'll notice much better throttle response. And do you think the seal is good enough?? I cant pull the thing off, and I dont hear any leaks, what do you guys think??

What are the tell/tale signs of a vacuum leak?? And it seems like I sealed it really well, and the air has no place to leave the plenum. There aren't any holes at this part of the plenum. With the gasket maker, will I still get a vacuum leak?? And how much would it cost to get that bolt out and re-drilled.?

ok first you need to drive it around and see if it runs ok or if the CEL comes on. if it runs and idles fine and the cel is off then don't worry about it.

if it does come on do this. get a can of carb cleaner or intake cleaner spray. and spray at the base of the plenum in the corner near the broken bolt. when you hit the spot the idle will change.

drilling it out i not to hard. first thing i recomend you do is remove the plenum. then try a easy out. i like the kind that are LH ( left hand) drill bits. sometimes just the drilling will remove it. well you drill a hole down the center then use the special bit to try and twist the broken bolt out.

When I installed my C&L plenum and BBK TB the only prob I had was getting the EGR unbolted, a lot of PB blaster and heating it up with a propane torch did the trick though and 15 minutes later it was off

Where's the pics of your new setup?!?!?

svttech76 said:
ok first you need to drive it around and see if it runs ok or if the CEL comes on. if it runs and idles fine and the cel is off then don't worry about it.

if it does come on do this. get a can of carb cleaner or intake cleaner spray. and spray at the base of the plenum in the corner near the broken bolt. when you hit the spot the idle will change.

drilling it out i not to hard. first thing i recomend you do is remove the plenum. then try a easy out. i like the kind that are LH ( left hand) drill bits. sometimes just the drilling will remove it. well you drill a hole down the center then use the special bit to try and twist the broken bolt out.

the carb cleaner is a great way to check it!!!!
i wouldn't mess with it unless you develope a leak. just check it every once in awhile.

how much did you spend for your set up? i have been thinking of getting a plenum and t/b

kyles03sonicgt said:
Well yesterday, I installed my accufab 75mm throttle body and plenum along with my jlt rai intake. The throttle body plenum was going fine, I was installing the new one, and as I was tightening a bolt on the accufab, a bolt snapped right off !!! This ****** was all the way in. I was freaking out, I didn't know what do to. So I took it off, tried getting it out with vice grips, no dice. So we decided to seal the hole with some gasket sealer. And boy did it work, with the bottom bolt on, it created a nice seal. I do plan on getting the screw out and get a new hole tapped, but it works like a champ for now. The intake was smooth sailing. As far as gains go, I wasn't expecting much. I noticed much better throttle response and that was about it. Once I get my full exhaust, I hope to notice more. Kyle.

sounds like u over-torqued the bolt head. those bolts dont require alot of torque to lock em down. that is why they break--from overtorquing