Installing battery relocate kit today HELP!!!

mytight95

Apr 11, 2003
Dothan,Al
Well i am gonna start the install on this today. I plan on hooking the ground to the shock tower in the rear and the front ground to engine to the body in the front.... So where do i need the power hooked up to the starter or the fuse box.......... i honestly don't know....

jason

• Sponsors (?)

I'm planning on going from the battery to the starter and then from the starter to the fuse box (ie, just hooking the old positive cable to the fuse box). Since I haven't done it yet, I don't know how well it's gonna work, though. I hope to get it done in the next couple of weeks.

oh yeah, I plan to do the same thing you are with the grounds.

Joe

Iv put alote of batterys in the back of cars for sound systems, and if I were you I wouldnt trust the shock tower as a good ground for my car. I would drill a small hole in the floor next to were the battery is going to be located send the ground under the car, scrape an area of your chassis clean drill another hole there and attach the ground cable with a bolt. Its alittle more work but better to be safe than sorry and know you wont have any charging problems, and the shorter the groung cable the better.

Jason, you can run the cable out a grommet that is located down in well on the passenger side of the trunk next to the gas filler neck. There should be a 1" body grommet there that you can slit and runthe cable thru, from there go to one of your rear pipe hangers and remove is and clean behind it real well and bolt the ground behind the bracket. That is where I have mine grounded for the past 3 years and now problems there.

I researched this for months and am finally done with mine. Here is the best way in my opinion:

Run the negative through a hollowed out rubber grommet in the trunk to the quad shock bracket. Make sure you sand the spot really good. Then run the positive from the battery under the rear seat, under the carpet to the right of the pass. seat. Then drill a big hole in the firewall where the pass. left foot would be and run the wire throught the hole directly to the bolt on the starter. Then keep the stock wire going from the starter to the fuse box. Just cut the old terminal off of it and put on a new connector to allow you to connect it directly to the fuse box. There is also the ground wire running with the pos. over to the fuse box, which you need to cut the old terminal off of and just ground it to the frame under the stock battery location. There is also a little wire that comes off of the stock terminal and grounds up by the radiator. Just cut that.

Mine looks great and works perfect, so this is how I would do it. If you have any questions let me know.