Installing my Dragon 75mm Plenum

• Sponsors (?)

Just twist them back and forth a little bit, or get a flat blade and work it around. They're just stuck from being on there for a while. Two other thoughts, man: 1. The EGR bolts can be a pita, might want to hit them with something (penetrating oil) and let them sit while you work on the throttle body?? 2. Be cautious of the gasket between the plenum and lower intake - set the plenum down square & don't over-torque that secure the plenum to the lower intake.

Just a couple thoughts - those hoses will come off with some persuasion.

Jay

GT2000JAY said:
Just twist them back and forth a little bit, or get a flat blade and work it around. They're just stuck from being on there for a while. Two other thoughts, man: 1. The EGR bolts can be a pita, might want to hit them with something (penetrating oil) and let them sit while you work on the throttle body?? 2. Be cautious of the gasket between the plenum and lower intake - set the plenum down square & don't over-torque that secure the plenum to the lower intake.

Just a couple thoughts - those hoses will come off with some persuasion.

Jay
hey, i didn't have a torque wrench so i just tightened to the point that I knew I wouldn't strip the bolts but i got them on pretty snug.. I shouldn't run into any problems right?. I took the car for a test drive and everything seemed fine.

wms004 said:
hey, i didn't have a torque wrench so i just tightened to the point that I knew I wouldn't strip the bolts but i got them on pretty snug.. I shouldn't run into any problems right?. I took the car for a test drive and everything seemed fine.

I didn't use a torque wrench, either - just snugged them up good without really wrenching on them. So far, so good for me. This is an assumption on my part but as long as everything is seated securely without leaks everythng should be fine (I'm hoping because that's how I did mine), but my main concern was either twisting or unseating the metal inserts in the plastic manifold.

Congrats, did you feel a difference?

Yeah, i just used the provide hose clamp on the IAC hose in front I believe it was, but i may want to add one to the rear hose as well just cuz i'm paranoid.

4.6MustangSteve
SOTP is very happy. I wrote in my other thread that RPM's seem to drop slower (possibly because of air moving in faster or that is has resistance from the 65mm t/b, or that the computer is doing a little learning), but with some throttle RPM's climb noticably faster. Low end grunt seems to have improved which is exactly what I wanted. Once summer comes around I'm going to throw on a new Maf and 75mm T/B and have it tuned.

so get it, you won't be let down. its possibly more noticable than my magnaflow catted X. To be honest I haven't even taken it past 4k rpm yet being that I'm getting tired and just took it down the street for a few min, but i'm sure it shines even more up there past 4k.

-wade

Congrates dude :nice: I PM you a while back if you needed any pointers but you mailbox was full.Glad to see you got it goin.BTW the hose clamp is for people who have the smaller pvc tube and need to use the spacer.Spread the word brother

GT2000JAY said:
Wade,

Are you looking at 70 or 75MM throttle bodies? If you look at the flow numbers, you should see another good gain with the throttle body. :nice:
I'm definately looking at a 75mm T/B.. haven't decided between BBK and Accufab. I'm also looking at a new maf, seeing if i can just get the meter itself from C&L and then I'd get another tune on my Chip.

CrazyInBlack
you can buy from www.dragonpeformance.net