Insurance Question

deftsound

Please ask me how much my supercharger cost
Apr 6, 2004
Texas City TX
For those of you with highly modified cars, have you sent in pictures to your insurance company proving the amount of money you have put into it or something to that extent?

I've probably put atleast 20k at this point into my car and I Was thinking if i wrecked it, id be screwed. What do most people do in my case? Will insurance companies cover you for what you have put into it if you can prove with receipts/pictures that you really have put the money into the car?

• Sponsors (?)

For those of you with highly modified cars, have you sent in pictures to your insurance company proving the amount of money you have put into it or something to that extent?

I've probably put atleast 20k at this point into my car and I Was thinking if i wrecked it, id be screwed. What do most people do in my case? Will insurance companies cover you for what you have put into it if you can prove with receipts/pictures that you really have put the money into the car?

im dealing with a similar situation at the moment but with far less amount of money at stake (~$600) and its proving rather difficult. i would talk with your insurance company. the thing about claiming all that investment is that it will most likely increase your monthly payment (guessing)

Does your insurance company know you have a blower on the car? That could cause issues by itself and raise your rates or they may not cover you. I'm looking into agreed value insurance when I put the blower on since I'm almost always with the car and I don't drive it over 4000 miles/year. They may have no problem with the blower though.