Roush Insurance ?

01saleenkid144

Feb 25, 2006
I recently tried to get my car on collector car insurance through grundys. Unfortunately they will not insure a 1974 or newer mustang unless it is part of a collection. Anyone else have any suggestions?? Right now, I pay like $1700 through progressive. At grundys website, they gave me a quote of like 600 before they told me they wouldnt insure it. I wish I couldve got my car full coverage for that!!

• Sponsors (?)

I've had no problems insuring my cars with Grundy. It can't be your primary vehicle; must be garage kept; and there can't be any drivers under the age of 25 in the home.

They had no trouble with my 2001 Camaro SS (sold) or my 2005 Saleen SC.

Quite frankly Progressive sucks. Not only are they one of the most expensive insurers around (despite their advertising to the contrary) but their CEO is a big-time left wing liberal who is using your premium $$$ to contribute to the Dhimmocrat Party. :nonono:

Anyway, where was I? :OT:

Oh, yes, reasonable collector car insurance. I'd recommend Farmers. They will insure collector vehicles & their rates are affordable. I insure all of my vehicles with them, including my Saleen, as well as my homeowner's insurance.

Interestingly enough my Farmer's agent actually is familiar with Saleen Mustangs so I didn't have to educate him & there were no hidden costs involved with insuring a specialty vehicle.

I was trying to insure just my saleen mustang with grundys. They told me that since its not part of a collection and its newer than 1974 they couldnt insure it. did you have more than just your saleen or camaro insured with them??

My regular cars are all insured by State Farm. Grundy insures speciality vehicles for an agreed upon value. In other words, there's no vehicle depreciation. If you total your vehicle now or in ten years from now, they cut you a check for that amount. You can revise your coverage amount annually if you wish.

My 2001 Camaro was insured for $35,000 and I believe that cost me $550.00 a year for full coverage. My Saleen runs about $1,100 per year, but it's insured for $75,000 because of the special paint.

^^^^ True, which is why I would never admit to any insurance company that you race or participate in racing events. This includes life insurance, health, cars etc etc. I even had my business insurance cancelled (repair shop) because my company name had "racing" in the title.

Oh FWIW all "for profit" race tracks must have insurance to cover drivers and vehicles in the event of a crash. Hope you never need that tidbit but just so you know.

Quite frankly Progressive sucks. Not only are they one of the most expensive insurers around (despite their advertising to the contrary) but their CEO is a big-time left wing liberal who is using your premium $$$ to contribute to the Dhimmocrat Party. :nonono:

Anyway, where was I? :OT:

Oh, yes, reasonable collector car insurance. I'd recommend Farmers. They will insure collector vehicles & their rates are affordable. I insure all of my vehicles with them, including my Saleen, as well as my homeowner's insurance.

Interestingly enough my Farmer's agent actually is familiar with Saleen Mustangs so I didn't have to educate him & there were no hidden costs involved with insuring a specialty vehicle.

I'd read thru this site http://www.farmersinsurancegroupsucks.com/ before insuring even a VW with Farmers.

I have never heard good things about them, and one of my best friends, who has his own big insurance agency, dropped them and replaced them with Liberty Mutual. Basically for the same reasons as the web site points out. Unhappy clients make for living in a trailer park when you are an insurance agent. :D

American Hobbyist

I use American Hobbyist to insure my 88 Saleen. Really great rates. I like that they don't have set mileage restrictions. Same basic stuff as others, not a primary vehicle, don't use it for running errands, ect ect.