Intake manifold help...

• Sponsors (?)

Just wondering what you are looking for.

Have you changed the oil? Is there still coolant in the oil?

Is it still leaking coolant? If so, have you found the source of the leak?

Have you run a compression test?

If it's still leaking coolant, it not just a little that has run down into the cylinders.

We can't help without more information.

It's either an intake leak or the motor is hurt. I guess no one wants to be the one to say, "it's hurt". Sorry.

The leak was from the intake manifold not being torqued using the pattern and the gasket being a POS. I used the pattern, and checked for leaks, all I see is me needing another o-ring for the Tstat since its leaking. When I redid the gasket for the mani I saw coolant on the cylider so I sucked it out and buttoned everything up, I cranked it and it wouldn't start so i held the throttle and it stayed running, i noticed coolant and smoke coming out of the exhaust, pulled the plugs and saw they were wet I'm gong to change the oil and the plugs, should it start normally and burn the coolant out then?
I know the motor may be "hurt" but I will adress that if this doesnt work, or what do you think? Btw sorry about the short replys, the iphone version of the site isnt great and Ive been trying to do a million things at once.

There is a possibility that the coolant has contaminated the O2 sensors. But what's done is done. If it will start and run, let it get hot enough to burn it out.

When my Son's F150 dropped a valve, there was tons of oil/water mix in the exhaust. As part of the the motor replacement, we pulled the O2 sensors and cleaned them prior to the 1st restart.

There was tons of gray smoke that took almost an hour of driving before burning away.

Regarding the hard start, if this is a 99-04 MY, check fuses F2.2 and F2.8. Otherwise check all fuses. Confirm there is +12 volts on the TPS red wire (key on). I'm assuming that there are no vacuum leaks at this point.

It's also normal for the car to run poorly after a battery disconnection. The PCM needs time to re-learn the idle trim values. Some run time will answer the questions and give some information.

Good luck.