Engine Intake manifold verification

• Sponsors (?)

There is a lpwer intake (#RF-F87E-9K461-BA) on ebay. Was 160, seller dropped the price to 100. Is there anything I should look for or ask about? It has the large baffle, it's been blasted.

Seller notes “Cleaned, repainted, and all holes tapped. Ready to be installed and comes with gaskets" I'm concerned about "all holes tapped". Should I be?

Any thoughts on the last post? should I be concerned about “Cleaned, repainted, and all holes tapped. Ready to be installed and comes with gaskets" from my prior post? I think I can probably get the lower for less than $100. Is it worth it?

Any thoughts on the last post? should I be concerned about “Cleaned, repainted, and all holes tapped. Ready to be installed and comes with gaskets" from my prior post? I think I can probably get the lower for less than $100. Is it worth it?

Do you have a pic? Or a link to the add. “Tapped” just means it’s ready for the sensors on our foxes that are not in those spots on the explorers.

The picture on ebay is below. After looking at it I don't see where the EGR valve goes. One of the other pics show the large oil baffle underneath, so it must have an EGR manifold location (right?)
1571102962006.png

It has NOT had the ACT and rear EGR coolant ports tapped. They are just 3/8 NPT which is easy to do.

Tapped likely refers to the oil baffle. They were originally installed with 4 large rivets, but when you blast these intakes you need to remove the baffle or risk having media trapped behind it. The rivet holes are drilled and tapped for 1/4-20 and four bolts installed with threadlocker.

I wouldn't worry about them backing out if properly secured. When I had tmoss port my explorer lower, he did the same thing. I tested one of the bolts and it's in thete pretty good. I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

EGR port is the center small circle. The -BA lower is the one you want, but you need to drill/tap for the ACT (boss between the #5 and #6 runner) and the rear drivers side coolant port. I would tap both sides if you have it out

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
According to the pic of the underside it is still riveted, so may have media trapped. Not sure if it's still available, gmail sent his last e-mail to spam so I thought he dropped me but...

I searched and watched a lot of intakes before I finally purchased one. Some of the sellers seem to use generic pictures, and then some have pics of the actual one you’re getting. There’s a lot who just buy and sell these. Does he specify that the pic is the one you will receive?

Good Morning all! I ended up finding a -BA lower on e-bay, $95 with shipping so i picked that up. It looks like I'll be doing the -BA lower with the "China" upper, all I need to do is find a shop to drill out for the ACT sensor and the intake manifold will be on the upgrade list. After the 5 lug disc swap and the 3.73 rear axle swap. What have I gotten myself into :banana: ?