Intakes

Cobra5337

Jun 27, 2003
Edwardsville, Il
Yo Guys I just got a 02 gt and I am looking to give it some simple mods real quick like cold air and exhaust. I know what echaust I am buying but I cant decide what cold air to get. if anyone knows a good intake that will put out nice results for around 600 dollars I sure would liek to know. Also I am looking for some sites to make purchases off of at good prices so if you know about that let me know.

• Sponsors (?)

Well if you are going for a induction kit, the K&N FIPK kit is good. Do not get a BBK or a MAC. I made that mistake and wasted $200 on it. Stay away from anything that is metal. However, the C&L MAF kit with the inlet pipe is a good idea and it is my next mod. Someone on here posted that the gains on a dyno were 10.4 RWHP for the C&L kit. If you do decide on the C&L get the Intake Plenum too, it is a real nice piece! As far as the exhaust, which one did you go with?

The best CAI you can buy is NO CAI! They are a waste of time and money. Right now I have the C&L MAF and coming soon the Plenum along with the Accufab 75mm T/B. I dont know what kind of exhaust you got, but I sure LOVE my packs and pro chamber. :banana: Good luck with the car.

03gtmustang said:
The best CAI you can buy is NO CAI! They are a waste of time and money. Right now I have the C&L MAF and coming soon the Plenum along with the Accufab 75mm T/B. I dont know what kind of exhaust you got, but I sure LOVE my packs and pro chamber. :banana: Good luck with the car.

there you go. This guy said it for ya.

From what I've been seeing, get one that does NOT have a 90 degree bend in front of the MAF. It is said to thow off the sensor and will lean out your A/F ratio. I bought mine as a kit (see sig) and have had no problems with it. Easily installed in 10 min.

If you want the strait line set up, but still want cold air from the wheel well,try leaving the factory rubberboot in its original location. Just make sure it's secure.

Before you buy, research a lot and do a lot of asking. This is a good start, so from here, sit behind your comp for a few hours and start formulating a plan of attack. :)

But they're right, cold air set up's are generally a waste for their money. Not to say you won't gain anything at all but, it'll be wiser to spend your money on much more effective mods.

Redfire03GT said:
Before you buy, research a lot and do a lot of asking. This is a good start, so from here, sit behind your comp for a few hours and start formulating a plan of attack. :)

But they're right, cold air set up's are generally a waste for their money. Not to say you won't gain anything at all but, it'll be wiser to spend your money on much more effective mods.

you're so smart matt..