hey folks I would like to share an interesting dilemma I am having with this 1992 LX coupe I bought a few weeks ago. its a 5.0 but was a four banger according to the vin and other than a little idle surge and a bit of bad fuel economy it runs well. a project it seems it has become due to certain things that don't add up. At first glance it looks like a maf equipped engine but the engine harness is routed wrong in some places and I found a MAP sensor on the drivers side firewall with vacuum hose attached to intake. O2's were non existent. I had my muffler guy weld a couple of bungs and found the sensor plugs and plugged in a pair of old O2's on. hooked up an OTC scan tools to pull some codes and received a few but being OBD1 could not view O2 values. heres the kicker, when I took the ecm down from the PS kick panel I find the computer is not an 9AP (mines auto) its a VM1 speed density EEC-IV computer. I check the plug that's plugged into the MAF and its intergrated to the harness that routes through the firewall. Now at this point I don't know if its running speed density or MAF which by what little I know the pinouts are different on both. any thoughts??? Ohh it has no electronic vacuum regulator for the EGR which I also noticed.