Interesting information about which springs to use

• Sponsors (?)

Best for what purpose?
Lowering the car?
What is best for the front?

They are being used with good success as a rear spring for the drag strip. Both guys I know who run them in the rear, run coilovers in the front. I think I need to find a set for my car too. I was watching my dragrace vids from NMRA this weekend. One one run I unloaded the rear tires on my 1-2 shift to the point that I laid down 10 feet of black marks, which was visible in the video taken from the stands. My rear springs are aftermarket, and too soft. I think the stocker V8 springs would work well.

Joe

They are being used with good success as a rear spring for the drag strip. Both guys I know who run them in the rear, run coilovers in the front. I think I need to find a set for my car too. I was watching my dragrace vids from NMRA this weekend. One one run I unloaded the rear tires on my 1-2 shift to the point that I laid down 10 feet of black marks, which was visible in the video taken from the stands. My rear springs are aftermarket, and too soft. I think the stocker V8 springs would work well.

Joe

I have a set for sale joe

They work. Ive been 1.39 sixty foots on them, with an ET of 9.93 at 136mph. Same setup as above. Stock spring, one coil cut. Make sure you pay attention to the lower control arm angle too though. It should be slightly pointed up towards the body or level.

Great. Next thing you know people will be selling stock springs as "Ford drag springs" for inflated prices. I ****ing love the internet.

oh Lord, what have I started. Now you'll see them on Ebay for $200 as " Ford Factory Drag Springs"

I guess its a little more known around here. When I first heard about these being used, I started looking around for a set. JY wants about $20 a piece, a guy at a race shop wanted $70 for the pair. I can never make myself pay that for something that most people have tossed in the scrap pile. A guy offered his set to me for free, but they had seriously been cut down, pretty much made them useless.

Joe