Interior color combos?

MikeUrban

May 30, 2010
Chantilly, VA
Hey everyone. I'm looking to do something new with my interior, I just want to freshen it up a bit cause It's starting to show it's age. I've been thinking about getting my carpet re-dyed to the same opal grey, but I don't know how to go about doing this. I also want to get black seat upholstery and black floor mats, but I'm not sure how it'll look. Does anyone have any pictures of good color combos, or any advice on what to do? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

If your going to dye the carpet you would have to take the interior out, why not just do the extra hour or two of work and change the carpet out. You can get the mass back carpet and cloth seats and be at around 600 - 700 if you have some one else put them in. I think the opal carpet and black seats would look good, black carpet shows dirt super bad anyway.

just had new leathers from TMI put on the old seat foam in my car. Installer built the foam up and repaired the side bolsters while it was apart, 200 for labor. I would still be fighting it a month later if I tried to do it myself.
102_1783.jpg

I know they look orange, florescent lights suck for that, trust me they are scarlet.

Attachments

• 102_1783.jpg
    102_1783.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 83
I was planning on taking out most of the interior in the process anyway. Would I be able to send out the carpet, or do they sell dyes to use myself? And is it super hard to re cover seats if I bought the kit? Also, that interior looks good man!

Hey everyone. I'm looking to do something new with my interior, I just want to freshen it up a bit cause It's starting to show it's age. I've been thinking about getting my carpet re-dyed to the same opal grey, but I don't know how to go about doing this. I also want to get black seat upholstery and black floor mats, but I'm not sure how it'll look. Does anyone have any pictures of good color combos, or any advice on what to do? Thanks!

Hey Mike - something to keep in mind, is we can do a black seat with a opal gray insert no problem. I'm not sure what year you have - but if it is a 87-89 GT you could easily do the bolsters in black and the insert seating area in opal gray. Just a thought :nice:

Thanks! Another thing to remember is that even after you dye your carpet you still have your old carpet, frayed ends and thin spots and all.

For the cost of a new carpet, I don't see the point in dying your old one? Especially since you will have everything out to get this job done - might be a good idea to invest in a new moulded carpet. imo.

Sorry for the late response.. I really would like to get all new carpet, but I've heard some complaints about fitment of new carpet, and I know my carpet fits in my car. That's the only thing holding me back. The car's a 93 hatch by the way. :D

Dude, i pulled my seats and console and pulled the old carpet out, layed it on top of the new and marked my holes. cut what i knew needed to be cut and put the carpet in then trimmed the excess. whole thing can be done on a saturday with time to take the misses out for dinner at a reasonable hour. not really a big deal. hardest part is finding all the screws and bolts that hold the center console in and keeping track of everything you took out. A hatch carpet is basicly the same as a vert, its really gravy. Its a good time to fix any small problems you might have in the interior

The seats are another thing, i dont really have the patience for doing that so i took them to a lady i know who built the foam back up and fixed a few issues with the seats (not the covers) and installed the leather covers for 200 labor. for less than a grand i have new leather seats and new carpet plus a few new trim pieces that were broken.