interior color decisions

Chuckman

GTFO you fat, heavy bastard
15 Year Member
Oct 21, 2005
st. louis, mo
i've got the whole interior out of the car right now due to a bit of an electrical fire, and since its out i was thinking of doing a bit of restoration work. everythings the original smoke gray right now, and most everything is in decent shape, though i may have to get a new carpet cause its pretty beat (not to mention a little scorched under the drivers sill plate and seat, oops).

that being said, i was thinking of giving the panels a coat of paint/dye to bring them back a bit, which is where im a bit confused. while most of the interior is stock, my front seats are '99 anniversary seats (dark charcoal with silver inserts), and im having trouble with what color to go with. i've seen pics of a car with the smoke gray carpet and cloth panels, but all the plastic and vinyl's been done in titanium, and i like it, but dont know if it will work with the seats i have and not look like a random thing. so what do you all think? any pics would be great too.

• Sponsors (?)

IMO gray was my favorite color combination in a fox. Black is just too much for me - having everything black. My interior right now is blue, and if i were to do it over i'd do it black/gray. Titanium gray that is :)

post up pics of the seats so people can get a better idea of what you want.

this obviously isnt my car, but its the same seats (too lazy and cold to unbury mine right now)

30168990016_large.jpg

also, my rears are stockers. debating on what to do with them too, wondering how much just some rear covers would be, or if i can even find a match (not expecting to find the '99 seats again)

the cheapest route would be to find the anniversary seats again, but wetokole.com makes neoprene covers and they can duplicate that for your rear seat very easily.

I think titanium would match that very nicely.

Guy, quit pic whoring and come work on my car with me.. I am getting tired of looking at my pile of parts. we can sparr afterwards.

wow its like deja vu
Like this?

mine still as all the stock pieces, except of course the seats (which were a necessity, my fat ass broke the stock drivers seat).

how do you think just plain dark charcoal rear seats would look with the fronts? im sure with time i could dig up a set on cl eventually. then do all the plastics in titanium, and the top of the dash, doors, and quarterwindow trim in the same dark charcoal (the "black" on them now looks fairly close as it is), and keep the carpeted/cloth panels in the doors the darker gray?

Guy, quit pic whoring and come work on my car with me.. I am getting tired of looking at my pile of parts. we can sparr afterwards.

yeah i need to do whatever i can to motivate myself to start saving money and quit spending it going out with the girlfriend, and ive never been to Florida, is there any time of year down there that it isnt all swamp assy?