Interior help needed with a 2007 GT

I have a 2007 GT premium with the leather interior. I need to replace the bottom cover on the passenger side. It appears that the seat comes out pretty easily by unplugging the seat belt and air bag sensor, removing the two front bolts from the inside and then the two rear bolts from the underside.

So far so good (I think). Now, once the seat is out what are the tricks to removing the trim and reclining lever and whatever else to get to the seat cover? The cover itself looks easy enough to install with the plastic 'J' clips to secure it instead of the old hog rings but I'm sure someone here has a few tricks to make this a little easier.

I have the replacement cover and am ready to go but I'd really like to learn from an expert and not from my mistakes:D

• Sponsors (?)

I thought the dealer was going to take care of it no charge to you? If I was in your situation no way would I attempt this one... take the easy way, make the dealer do it :D

p.s. sorry I cannot answer your question.

Yeah, the dealer WAS going to replace it but now they say that they will have their 'upholstery guy' repair the cut and not the seat cover itself:notnice: I want it right and the replacement cover I just got is a brand new and a perfect match. I don't want some "mickey mouse super glue fix-it job" so I guess I have to do it myself.

Well, here's the update. I got the new seat bottom cover from New Car Take Off on Thursday (they were great to deal with and very fast shipping). This morning I started at 8:30 and was done by 10:00. The new piece is a perfect match and it went on nice and tight and looks factory fresh.

What did I get for my $45.00 seat cover? No trip to the dealer, no crappy dealer fix, I got the enjoyment of doing it myself and it's done right:nice: