Intermitant cut out and no start. Help!!

sweet58

New Member
Aug 13, 2004
4
0
0
I have a 95 5.0L with the following problem. :bang: SOMETIMES while driving the car will just die like someone turned off the key....when that happens sometimes it will start right back up and sometimes I have to wait and hour before I can stat it again. I changed the ignition module still the same problem. I have heard the problem being maybe the stator, the distributor, or the amount of grease between the ignition module and the heat sink (unlikely). Can someone please help me. I have to drive my back up car which is a civic cx.. :(
 
i think you can check the pick up with a test light (using the TFI harness) - do it when the car wont start. that would rule out the pick up.
 
PIP and Hall effect sensors are common problems on our car according to Ford. I had to replace both of mine a few months ago. Both of those would cause the problems you're experiencing. I can get you a part number if you want.
 
Part numbers would be appreciated.

:nice: Zenboy99 if u have part numbers that would be great just to be sure that my dealer widget comes up with the proper numbers. Thanx...I hope this fixes my problem.
 
i might troubleshoot it more. more than one person has had trouble replacing the pick up - the dizzy has to be removed and the gear pressed off. it can not want to line back up correctly - some just get new dizzys.

good luck.