Introduction

rasteron

Apr 14, 2009
Dalton, GA
I bought a Mustang today.

Not my first, but the first I've had in 20 years. At 16 (in 1976) I bought my first, a gold 1965 rustbucket. Floors rotting, I felt like Barney Rubble. I was in love. My father couldn't stand it, so we had a 72 sky blue convertible for me in short order. Had that until I was 20. Next was a sky blue convertible '65 while I went through college in Santa Barbara (photo coming). That was 1988, after the Navy. Putting gas in it one day, a woman offered me twice as much as I bought it. So I sold it.

Now 20 years later, I have another Mustang. I have to admit, I didn't intend to buy it. A local dealer bought all the used cars from another dealer that declared bankruptcy. I went there looking for another car. I knew they were having a great sale. As I walked the lot, I came upon 3 Mustangs in a row. I cannot explain what happened, but as I looked at one of them, it spoke to me. It picked me. It really seems like it chose me to be the one to take care of it. Do you believe in love at first sight?

I've had it for less than a day. All the feelings I had about the Mustang from years ago have come flooding back. I'd forgotten the feeling of loving a car until today.

I haven't kept up with the Mustang over the years. I don't really know what I have right now. Whoever owned it before me got lots of upgrade packages. 2006 hard top. It's a 6, not an 8. 18" wheels. Gray with black stripes. I'll post pictures tomorrow, on this thread. I'll have lots of questions and hoping the peeps here can help me figure out what I have. Did I mention that I'm in love with a car again?

Ron

Attachments

• new car1.jpg
    new car1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Sponsors (?)

:welcome:

welcome to the site! feels great to be in love with a car again, doesn't it? we have a great bunch of guys here so feel free to post up any questions you may have. you will have to get us some better pics once you get a chance. i know, i know....it is hard to stop and take pics when it is so fun to drive, but please try. :D

Welcome to :SNSign: and back to the world of Mustang:rock:
Nice find! It wasn't something like in the Transformers movie with Bumblebee at the used car lot was it???:rlaugh:
The new 6ers are about as strong and perhaps quicker than the mid to late '90s V8s:nice:
IMO, those stripes would have to go as they are just way too narrow for such a wide car. Wider with just the outside pin stripes would look good:nice:
This is my fourth Stang. I went without one from Oct '02-Aug '06, so I also know the feeling of having, loving, losing, getting again, loving again:D

Thanks for the warm welcome. I was finally able to stop driving this evening long enough to take a couple photos. I live at the foothills of the Appalachian mountains, so I just have to take two right turns and I'm driving over a mountain. Wow. This car is fantastic. Driving is fun again. Everyone at work is giving me grief because I have a continuous smile on my face. Curious enough is the fact that so many women at work have noticed. Loving that. I'm the same guy, just with a great car now.

From what I've been able to figure out, the previous owner got nearly every upgrade available except leather seats. That's fine. It gets hot here and I don't like sticking to the seats. The thing that's different though, is that it has 18 inch wheels, and that wasn't an option for a V6. It doesn't even list the proper inflation on the door. The color is Tungsten Gray Clearcoat Metallic, Shaker 500 audio system, 6 way power seats. Auto transmission (I know many of you scoff at this, but for me its perfect. I spent 3 years in the Navy driving through San Francisco twice a day with a manual transmission), exterior sport appearance package, interior upgrade package, interior sport appearance package, active anti-theft system. No V6 pony package, no interior color accent package. I'm sure I've missed something. So many packages, so little time.

And I got such a great deal, less than 12k. It doesn't make sense to me. Carfax is clean. I figure someone got it, couldn't afford it and had to sell it. Seems like a dealer would know what they had though. I don't get it.

Anyway, I'll try to attach some photos. I hope I've made them small enough. If not, I'll follow with even smaller ones.

It's good to have a Mustang again.

R

Attachments

• L1002393.jpg
    L1002393.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 46
  • L1002390.jpg
    L1002390.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 46
those wheels are in the genuine ford accessories catalog. they are not available as an option from the factory. pretty expensive upgrade as well. I agree with kooldawg, ditch the stripes, they really are too narrow. 10-12 inch stripes look best on this car.

And I got such a great deal, less than 12k. It doesn't make sense to me. Carfax is clean. I figure someone got it, couldn't afford it and had to sell it.
...or they just liked all the features but felt they were missing the other 2 cylinders:rlaugh:
Seriously, that is one nice car and has potential in both the "show" and "go" categories:nice:
HeavyGT has a single wide center stripe with the outside pinstripes and looks really good:rock:
DSC02347.jpg