IRS

• Sponsors (?)

I have installed springs,differential bushings,and subframes. I am waiting on the install of the IRS brace and the subframe bushings. So I'll let you know. But actually the mods I have done now have decreased the wheel hop alot. When I power shift I still get hop, but its not like the Jumpingjacks/crazy hop, Ya know??ZGive me about a week and I'll let you know.

droptopsnake01 said:
I have installed springs,differential bushings,and subframes. I am waiting on the install of the IRS brace and the subframe bushings. So I'll let you know. But actually the mods I have done now have decreased the wheel hop alot. When I power shift I still get hop, but its not like the Jumpingjacks/crazy hop, Ya know??ZGive me about a week and I'll let you know.

Thanks. How do you like the pro-kit springs? I want to lower my car a little, I don't want it slammed. About 1/2-3/4 inch up front and about 1 inch in the back. How does your car sit?

well I payed $200 for my spring and differential bushing install. Alot of peopl didn't believe me so I guess my guy is cheap, so I really dont know. As for clearance I really dont know, its raining here, or I would measure. But honestely it is perfect, I guarantee it is exactley what you are looking for. I need to get some pics online.

I just installed the prokit springs with the Kenny Brown IRS Bushings and IRS Brace. I know that before the bushings and brace, I used to have crazy wheel hop, especially when shifting from 1st to 2nd. With the bushings and brace, my rear does not move at all. It has helped sooo much. It feels so much better when I get on it. I think the tires and the springs could have helped too.

The factory bushings are not good at all. My car has 18,000 miles on it and the stock bushings were already wearing out. The IRS bushings by Kenny Brown are made much better and will last a heck of a lot longer too. Something to consider when thinking about the bushings. I know that Kenny Brown makes more stuff for the IRS, but I don't feel like I need with the set up I have now.

The pro-kit lowered my car perfect. I don't have to worry about scraping anything either. I also went to a 35 profile tire on my front and rear. I have a little more fender space in my front than I do in the rear, because of the tire size I have. If I did it again, I would probably go with a 40 profile in front. With the tire set up that I have now, its about a half inch lower in the front. Look at the pic. Good luck!

Attachments

• cobra.jpg
    cobra.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 131
One original question was how do you know if you have the 12 mm bolts? There is about 3/8 of the bolt coming through the nut on the front bushings. If a 12mm wrench fits on it, it's a 12mm bolt. I recently checked mine and they are the 12mm's. I plan on doing the bushing upgrade later this fall. It doesn't sound bad, just time consuming drilling the old rubber bushings out.