Is stock 02 GT exhaust diameter 2.25"?

1meanZ

Aug 22, 2004
My friend's 02 GT's Flowmaster mufflers have holes rusted in them and need replaced. It appears they have 2.5" inlets/outlets and weld was used to make up the difference when they were connected. My 2008 Flowmaster catalog lists a couple of different 2.5" mufflers as replacements but the pipe looks to be 2.25". Not concerned with performance. My friend justs wants the sound as she is on a tight budget cuz she just lost her job.

• Sponsors (?)

My friend's 02 GT's Flowmaster mufflers have holes rusted in them and need replaced. It appears they have 2.5" inlets/outlets and weld was used to make up the difference when they were connected. My 2008 Flowmaster catalog lists a couple of different 2.5" mufflers as replacements but the pipe looks to be 2.25". Not concerned with performance. My friend justs wants the sound as she is on a tight budget cuz she just lost her job.

That is such a horrible way to have an exhaust put on imho.
I purchased a 95 5.0 GT once and it was done the same way. You know that it has to pose some restriction with the pipes not fitting proper and weld gobbed in the space to compensate.

As stated above by Mustang5L5 " 2.25 is the inlet and outlet you will need when ordering the proper application.