• Mustang Forums
  • Special Production

Mach 1 Is the '04 Mach1 tranny same as the GT

  • Thread starter Thread starter screamingmach1
  • Start date Start date Apr 30, 2005
S

screamingmach1

New Member
Apr 5, 2004
15
0
0
new oxford
Apr 30, 2005
#1
  • Apr 30, 2005
  • #1
Is the tnanny the same? I want a short shifter and don't know if they are the same for both. If they are, which is the best shifter to buy... steeda, b&m, pro5.0? Thanks if you can help
 

TR03Mach1

Member
May 31, 2002
450
0
16
New Castle, Delaware USA
Apr 30, 2005
#2
  • Apr 30, 2005
  • #2
screamingmach1 said:
Is the tnanny the same? I want a short shifter and don't know if they are the same for both. If they are, which is the best shifter to buy... steeda, b&m, pro5.0? Thanks if you can help
Click to expand...
Yes, they are both Tremec TR3650 trannys. As far as which shifter is the best, that's a personal decision, ask someone who owns one, they'll say it's the best, so you're on your own there.
 

Ernad

celibate sans pants
Apr 2, 2004
0
1
0
Grand Rapids, MI
Apr 30, 2005
#3
  • Apr 30, 2005
  • #3
MGW is popular
 

34Ford

Founding Member
Aug 16, 2002
322
0
16
Western North Carolina
May 3, 2005
#4
  • May 3, 2005
  • #4
As well as Tri-ax and Pro 5.O's.
 
Y

ylopony

New Member
Jul 24, 2004
2
0
0
Brunswick, Ohio
May 3, 2005
#5
  • May 3, 2005
  • #5
I have the Steeda Tri-ax in mine. I have no complaints with it other than it's a bit noisy. But most shifters are.

I'm waiting to see someone with the MGW. I've heard nothing but good about it. And knowing MGW I'm sure it is going to be another great product from those guys.
 

hotrodnut

Member
Jul 12, 2004
672
0
17
North Florida
May 3, 2005
#6
  • May 3, 2005
  • #6
Any aftermarket shifter is going to give you better results over the stock piece.
I have heard nothing but good things about the MGW but it's a shame to have to hide all that nice workmanship it has under the boot.
I like the Pro 5.0 with the hurst stick. The Pro 5.0 shifter lever was too short for me so I got a hurst stick lever, cut it down to about an inch longer than the Pro 5.0 lever and redrilled the mounting holes. I like the solid feel and precise shifting I have now plus I have a shift lever with the Hurst shifter showing, adding a little more nostalgia to the overall Mach1 theme for me.
 

ttown

Founding Member
May 30, 2002
815
0
0
Oklahoma
May 3, 2005
#7
  • May 3, 2005
  • #7
The UPR Blu Thunder is as good as any shifter listed but much cheaper in price. I paid like $144 for it a little over a year ago and it's as good as the triax easy.
 
C

CatmanJJ

Captain Tangnet
20+ Year Stangneter
Feb 5, 2002
4,379
1
68
Maryland
May 3, 2005
#8
  • May 3, 2005
  • #8
I got a tri-ax a couple years back for less then 150 with free shipping I think, can't really remember. But it's been great, I think most of the major shifter makers mentioned are all pretty close in quality these days.
 
M

mach186

New Member
Apr 5, 2005
33
0
0
Mayfield, Ohio. Near Cleveland.
May 3, 2005
#9
  • May 3, 2005
  • #9
My friend just got an MGW in his cobra. He loves it!
I have a Steeda in my Mach 1 and its great not much
noise @ all... I got mine used off E-bay $100 to my door.
 

34Ford

Founding Member
Aug 16, 2002
322
0
16
Western North Carolina
May 4, 2005
#10
  • May 4, 2005
  • #10
I like my Tri-Ax a lot. The 1 thing I didn't like about the Pro 5.O's is you have to cut the internal stock rubber boot.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
How To Decode
  • Malcoll1
  • Mar 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
369
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 10, 2026
FoxChasis
F
A
Engine 302 oil leak when running
  • AlexM556
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
14
Views
424
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Saturday at 7:48 PM
AlexM556
A
C
Help with manual conversion
  • CPH89LX
  • Aug 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
20
Views
456
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 27, 2026
2000xp8
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
394
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
J
Suspension Foxbody mustang Steering shaft issue
  • Jakub2537
  • Sep 5, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
231
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 11, 2026
gkomo
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • Special Production
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?