Is the largest engine I can put in the 66 a....

• Sponsors (?)

brtnstrns said:
Is the largest engine able to put in a 66 coupe a 351...that is without modifying or cutting the engine bay. Or is 302 the largest size without much modifying?

Both a 351w and a 351c will go in a 65 without cutting the towers. The 351w is a tight fit, the 351c is a tigher fit ;)

RESTO001.jpg

Actually, I've heard rumors of a 427 BB being able to fit . . . but the proof remains elusive.

I've had a 351W in my '65 sind 1989. It works mate . . . go with it.

While it's not the most efficient or "sheik" way to go, I went with a toploader and a 9".

durden.stangnet.com

D Durden said:
Actually, I've heard rumors of a 427 BB being able to fit . . . but the proof remains elusive.

I've had a 351W in my '65 sind 1989. It works mate . . . go with it.

While it's not the most efficient or "sheik" way to go, I went with a toploader and a 9".

durden.stangnet.com

What's wrong with a toploader and 9 inch besides only like being the most bullet proof combo on the planet ;)

Wrong? Nothing. Nothing at all. It's wicked strong, but an overdrive short of perfect.

I've got 3 or 4 cars now with overdrives, and it's NICE to cruise on the highway at 2k on the tach instead of 3k.

I've got a brand new " NEVER FIRED " 426 Windsor stroker i'LL SELL YA FOR $5500. It has the best of everything...Eagle Forged steeel crank, Eagle H-bean rods, Custom Ross forged pistons, Elelbrock Victor Jr. aluminum heads, Edelbrock Super Victor intake, Full Competition Cams valvetrain...fully balanced,blueprinted everything. Heck, it even has the correct Milodon oil pan for your car. E-mail me at [email protected] foir pics and additional info

yeah thing is i plan on doing a 6 cyl to 8 swap. I didnt wanna tell you guys that though cause i knew in that case i wouldnt get any responses. I wont be doing the swap for another year and a half though until i have money, just had the question on my mind.

A lot of folks on here will tell you to just buy a V-8 mustang, that the swap isn't worth the money. Probably true. However if you've already poured a good bit into your baby, you have the time and money, I say go for it. I've driven a 6 cyl and a v-8 stang and i much prefer the V-8. Your gas mileage isn't really going to suffer, but the dyno called your butt will feel a difference, if you're starting from a 6 cyl, definitely go with the windsor, but you may want to look into getting a stroker kit for it - no replacement for displacement right?

allcarfan said:
$5500 for that 351 and only 373 hp? Man, a STOUT 302 can be built with that much. Wonder why they charge $850 for march pulleys.
The 351 W in my post is 400 Horse, same components on a 302 yield 373hp I guess, It appears kinda confusing on the web page, $825 for the pulleys includes all bracketry machined out of aluminum and a chromed 100 amp alternator with belts installed on motor. $5300 for a turnkey motor completely setup with video running. You have to pay labor the last time I checked. Labor ain't cheap.

To each his own. You can save money by not buying turn-key. You can save more money by getting a block and building the engine yourself. It all depends on how valuable you time is and whats in your wallet :D