Is There A Reason Foxes Didn't Get An Autometer Column Pod?

2000xp8

SN Certified Technician
Aug 8, 2003
NJ
I'm tired of my gauges in the dash vents, I want the vents back and I've been on a less is more kick.
Really don't like gauges all over the place (especially the pillar), but I see the need for them within easy view.
I know they can go under the radio, but i'm just feeling it's too far out of the way to look.

For most other fords autometer makes a column pod.

But the foxbody never got a column pod.

I'm thinking about switching to the to an aeroforce analogic (analog with senders not the obdii) so I can just have 1, 2-1/6 gauge. (allows like 4-6 parameters on one gauge)
Thought about a universal pod bolted to the top of the column, but I like things to look like they were born there, not added and I doubt it will look that way.

Is there something that restricts our setup so they never made a pod for the column?
Like something is the way. I would think you could see it through the steering wheel.

I would look myself, but i'd have to get a ladder out of my van, climb up and look while the car is on the lift. So yeah, i'm feeling lazy.

• Sponsors (?)

i know somone who had a single one made for his snow performance gauge. Looked great i wish it was available too . My wide band would be in there asap.