Is this a decent deal?

xr8d302

I bought a 27" monitor to compensate for my lack o
Apr 29, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Today, a guy at a local shop offered me a Borla side exhaust kit (just the two mufflers with no tips), plus the stock h-pipe and stock headers for a 95 GT...200 bucks.

Now I know I don't need the headers or stock h-pipe, but I could use the cats, since, for the first time since owning my car, I'll have to do an E-test, and I no longer have cats. I haven't seen stock headers in a while....man, are they ever puny. I was really astonished at how small they were

Is this a deal?

• Sponsors (?)

If you have to get cats, then I say go with new ones. Who knows if those actually work. Basically, you're buying a set of mufflers for $200, is that smart? I don't know, those mufflers are pretty hard to find on their own if you want side exhaust, but if you don't want side exhaust, then it would be pointless.

Well, I've always fathomed the idea of a side exhaust, I think it might look pretty hot on my car. However, I do have subframes, so I'll have to look at that as well, see if I can find a way to bypass them if I can....

Buy 'em & sell the stock headers & H on eBay (seperately). You'll then pretty much be getting the mufflers for "nothing" ..... & you might even have a chunk to throw towards a new catted pipe.

How about you just buy some spintech side exhaust mufflers and buy some cats of ebay? There is no promise that u will be able to resale that stuff for a decent price...and who knows what condition those muffs are in.

The spintechs will sound better anyway:shrug:

xr8d302 said:
Well, I've always fathomed the idea of a side exhaust, I think it might look pretty hot on my car. However, I do have subframes, so I'll have to look at that as well, see if I can find a way to bypass them if I can....

They have stepped subframes to use with side exhaust. Borla says Kenny Brown, but those are extremely expensive, there are a couple of other companies out there that have them for cheaper.

lol....but these are only 200 bucks, is it worth the risk? Don't forget, I'm from Canada, they rape us on most car part prices, this could be a good deal since there won't be any tax

maybe i could just go check the borla site, eh?