Is this a good deal? MAC Exhaust

• Sponsors (?)

It is a good deal for all that stuff if it is in good shape, but be warned combining MAC mufflers with an off-road H pipe makes for a distinct "rapping" exhaust note much like you would expect a big old chevy truck with cherry bombs to sound

Your car would sound somewhat like that one, but the rapping sound comes in more when you are driving and the engine is under load. The car in that vid also has a cam which makes for a different, better sound.

Maybe I am making it out to be worse than it really is, but I bought an 89 GT awhile back that had that setup and I did not like the way it sounded when I got on it. Too much rapping for my tastes.

My perfect exhaust setup is MAC's with an off road X. That sounds like pure sex.

Your car would sound somewhat like that one, but the rapping sound comes in more when you are driving and the engine is under load. The car in that vid also has a cam which makes for a different, better sound.

Maybe I am making it out to be worse than it really is, but I bought an 89 GT awhile back that had that setup and I did not like the way it sounded when I got on it. Too much rapping for my tastes.

My perfect exhaust setup is MAC's with an off road X. That sounds like pure sex.

No ill second that. I have a buddy that went with all mac and that is EXACTLY how I described it to him. I couldnt agree more. I would suggest going with the Bassani aluminized x pipe. These were built with the budget builders in mind so price point should be almost the same.

+1 on pure sex with that combo

Yeah just hit up ebay for a decent off road x and a MAC cat-back. I am a fan of MAC stuff, early on their fitment was suspect, but now they are just as good as most others...I've never had a problem, and MAC mufflers are by far the best sounding out there

ah....ok. Well get some decent coated headers if you don't want rust then, same with the h or x pipe. I love mac products, but from what I remember they don't do good in the rust department unless you get their coated products