Is this a open diff or limited slip? (pics)

Help. I feel like an idiot. I purchased 31 spline hardened axles and this diff - which I was told was a limited slip diff out of an explorer. Once I got it home and looked at all the pieces I found no S spring and no clutches. This is my first time doing rear end work, so I apologize for the stupidity. If this is a locking unit, where do these missing components go? Thanks...

pic.php

pic.php

• Sponsors (?)

I was just looking around and noticed that the newer mustang units don't have those notches. Well they do have the notches but they dont come all the way out and arent visible.

Thanks for the replies. I called the guy on it (luckily he's local). He apologized and we're supposed to meet up Friday to trade for one he has that is LSD. I feel stupid b/c I always do my research before buying, but this came up on Craigslist and I thought it was too good to pass up. Hardened 31 spline, 4 lug USA Alloy axles and the diff for $175. The axles are new. Hopefully he's honest about the mix-up and comes through on Friday. We'll see...

Seems to reason that the extra material would be beneficial. It is an 8.8 rear, right? I don't see why it wouldn't work. An 8.8 is an 8.8, whether it is in a Mustang, Explorer, or F-150, so I don't see why the new 'Stangs would be any different.