IS this normal??!!!! Thermostat/waterneck!??!

• Sponsors (?)

cardudeusa said:
With all this controversy about the yellow and green antifreeze. There is a new antifreeze out that is YELLOW, its a universal mix with any color/ type antifreeze. Anyone seen the pink fluid that the newer hondas get?

the new yellow stuff is called GO-5. its mostly used in new fords actually, from what ive seen anyways. the pink fluid comes in the new hondas and new toyotas...there isnt anything special about it though. its just so the techs at the dealership can tell if it has been changed.

it is getting to the point of where i am gonna start running distilled water, WW and rust inhibitor/lube in the system (i was reading about how little coolant actually raises the boiling point, and when you consider that water transers heat like 2.5 times better than E/G anyhow, it probably makes up for the lowered BP....). LOL. im not totally serious, but have thought about it.

oh yeah, i ve reduced us to comparing coolant color to the various flavors of gatorade. you guys would be so much better off if i left. LOL.

You've elevated us to that hissin --- and I'm LOL regarding just running distilled and inhibitor. Reminds of the options available when you live in the freaking desert. :) I guess I could do it too - for about 7 months out of the year.