It lives! Quick vid inside

alanw6

Dec 19, 2002
memphis, TN
Some of you may remember me posting about the engine buildup I took on over the winter. Between working a full time job and running my gauge pillar business, there was little time to work on my fox. But, I found the time and some very appreciated help from friends, and now it's all buttoned up and heading to the dyno for tuning on Saturday.

Here's a quick vid I did after the first startup once timing/fuel/tps/etc. was adjusted within spec:

Click here to see Video

New combo is as follows, for those interested:

306 ci with JE dished pistons @ 9.0:1 CR, Eagle H-beam rods, TFS Stage 1 cam, main girdle, Canton pan

Keith Craft ported AFR 185 heads with Scorpion 1.6 RR, gasket matched to the GT-40 intake

Vortech V-2 SQ S-trim (8 psi for break in, 14 psi after some miles are on it)

SCT BA-2400 MAF, UPR Boostmaster pipe, Edelbrock 70mm TB

FRPP shorties, Bassani catted-X, Bassani catback

MSD 6AL, MSD blaster coil, Taylor 409 race wires

255 intank with T-Rex, Aeromotive AFPR, 42 lb injectors

SCT flip chip for the tuning, and a bunch of other little mods I've forgotten to list. Ask any questions if you have them. Here's a pic of the motor before install:

30548.jpg

Thanks for taking a look, it's been a long winter and I'm excited to see what she's got! Any guesses? Your guess will be as good as mine.

Alan

• Sponsors (?)

1991vert said:
almost the same as mine, except i went with a 347 and buying a novi2000 supercharger. post some #'s once you get them!! im very interested. good job man:nice:

-chris

Thanks Chris. I'll post up numbers and a dyno graph after this weekend. Really excited (and a little nervous) about the tuning, we'll see how it goes.

I chose to save a few bucks and not stroke it. For my car's 99% street driven (weekends) life, this should suffice...

...for now.

RacEoHolic330 said:
Wait until you pulley that SQ for 14lbs of boost..you're going to LOVE it.

Oh yeah, I think you're absolutely right. I made sure it was built to handle 14 pounds; the stock block should be the weak link at this point.

Tony, the fuel system consists of stock lines/rails with a Walbro GSS340 intank pump and a T-Rex pusher, with 42 lb injectors. I'm hoping this will suffice, at least at 8 psi.

If not, I'll just have to throw more cash at it! LOL (when I make some more, this took a lot of it)

RacEoHolic330 said:
^^ I'm running the same fuel setup on my car at 14lbs and my injectors are running at 90% at 5800 rpm, so you'll be fine.

Thanks for the heads up. Most of my research led me to believe I can deliver the fuel for 14 psi with this setup; it seems pretty proven.

Bone-stock 302 with a blower for the last 2 years with this car. I think I'm in for a big shock the first time I get to let it rip.