It Lives

wicked93

5 Year Member
Nov 2, 2003
Winona Ohio
got it fired up yesterday :banana: :banana: had some issues but that is normal. got the pinging issue figured out now I need a digital volt meter to set the tps. Idles around 900rpm with a decent little lope :D still no hood on the car since it is way to tall probably going to cut a hole until I can afford the new hood. Not going to make it tonight ended up taking some overtime so money talks in fact I did a double overtime last night 4:00pm to 8:00am so just alittle tired and wish I was not doing one tonight but need the money so good luck at the track Ed hope to hear about that 11 sec pass :nice: :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

WaterPog said:
That's awesome, I know you've been jonesing to get back in the groove :nice:

Gonna try to make drag radial on the 3rd or you gonna wait for the 18th at Woodburn? ;)

will not have enough miles for the 3rd but I will see about the 18th at woodburn also what time will it be at woodburn :shrug: I need to get a set of rear tires, will 245/45/17 drag radials work :shrug: I plan on getting a bigger tire for the welds like the 275/60/15 mickey radials I hear the micky's are one of the better so will see or might put some ET streets not sure
I really hope the car will run 117 to 119 mph then will work on the e.t.I would like to see 11.7 or close to that :flag:

wicked93 said:
got it fired up yesterday :banana: :banana: had some issues but that is normal. got the pinging issue figured out now I need a digital volt meter to set the tps. Idles around 900rpm with a decent little lope :D still no hood on the car since it is way to tall probably going to cut a hole until I can afford the new hood. Not going to make it tonight ended up taking some overtime so money talks in fact I did a double overtime last night 4:00pm to 8:00am so just alittle tired and wish I was not doing one tonight but need the money so good luck at the track Ed hope to hear about that 11 sec pass :nice: :flag:
Glad you got here going :nice: I didnt nail the 11 tonight, couldnt hook up, I was consistent though 12.4s at 115 5 out of six runs, but my 60' was baddddd best was a 1.9 and mostly 2.0 and 2.1s..I either bogged or spun.Oh well i'll keep trying.

wicked93: Glad you got the beast fired up. You should have no trouble hitting those high 11's once the car is dialed in.
Ed: Sorry you didn't hit those high 11's. You should have hit woodburn! Overcast, great track conditions, a few F-bodies to whoop on, etc. How are the new DR's working? My only advice to you would be to cut down the time of your burnouts. DR's are such that they do not need a lot of time to heat up. You simply need to put a few fast spins on them to clear them of debris and create a bit of friction. I don't know that your burnouts necessarily hurt your ET's, but they definitely wear your tires prematurely. What PSI do you run in them?

WaterPog said:
the 245's are fine, but the mickey 235's will perform a lot better from what i've seen.

Woodburn gates open at 9am IIRC, it's on their schedule.

yeh I figured that the micky's 235 would hook better just tring to have 2 set up's everything is subject to change so will see

loud 95 said:
wicked93: Glad you got the beast fired up. You should have no trouble hitting those high 11's once the car is dialed in.
Ed: Sorry you didn't hit those high 11's. You should have hit woodburn! Overcast, great track conditions, a few F-bodies to whoop on, etc. How are the new DR's working? My only advice to you would be to cut down the time of your burnouts. DR's are such that they do not need a lot of time to heat up. You simply need to put a few fast spins on them to clear them of debris and create a bit of friction. I don't know that your burnouts necessarily hurt your ET's, but they definitely wear your tires prematurely. What PSI do you run in them?
Ya I tryed to do shorter burnouts but those nittos like to get real hot or they dont hook up,There actually used ones but better than what i had but not hooking like a new pair would, I know it wears them out fast and also i'm creating alot of heat in the supercharger. I'm running about 18 or 17psi.in the tires.Thanks for the advice i'm open for all and any. :nice: p.s with some info from my tuner he pointed out yesterday i might be pulling timing on the top end of my run anywere from 2 to 5 degrees because I might have air pockets in my heat exchanger/ cooling system, it was never purged when i did the supercharger port exchange .I guess if it gets to hot it will pull alot of timing.I did a data log with my predator but just 3rd gear pull yesterday but i couldnt get a back to back pull in it to get her hot enough because of holiday tracfic but i did manage almost 120mph in 3rd without hitting my revlimiter :D . The #s seemed to be ok but im waiting for his reply after sending him my iat2, ect, load and some,other things i data logged.But like I said i wasnt able to get her to hot and only snuck one run in, i'll do it again but at woodburn this time :nice: I did noticed when I purged my system today there was alot of air in there and I think I got it all.My car has some good dyno #s so I know the motors good, 1st and second gears pulls like a son of a b..., bottom of 3rd ok,top of 3rd and 4rth, seems like its not like it should be, well hopefully thats why I was pulling timing and could be the answer to my goal.Its strange though on the streets, 3rd gear pull on my bfg street tires she'll get loose on the street and there new and thats with no clutch already in gear. I think at the track though it was getting to hot and pulling timing because of the air pocket I had in the system will see what happens :nice:

wicked93 said:
will not have enough miles for the 3rd but I will see about the 18th at woodburn also what time will it be at woodburn :shrug: I need to get a set of rear tires, will 245/45/17 drag radials work :shrug: I plan on getting a bigger tire for the welds like the 275/60/15 mickey radials I hear the micky's are one of the better so will see or might put some ET streets not sure
I really hope the car will run 117 to 119 mph then will work on the e.t.I would like to see 11.7 or close to that :flag:

I thought you were running 11.30s 3 years ago? :stick: Just kidding, glad to hear you got it running. I look forward to seeing it run at the track!

Phill I'm pretty sure that you'll hit those 11's on the 1st passm no doubt. By the way what days do you have off? (Gym)

Ed, ya know...cars are like wimin, some days they're in the mood other days they arent. Its the estrogen levels! :D

Darkness said:
Ed, ya know...cars are like wimin, some days they're in the mood other days they arent. Its the estrogen levels! :D
Ya I here that, when I Was with my x and I came home from work I never new if I was going to get a hug or have to dodge a right hand :D J/k, about the right hand that is....although my friends named her Sybil :p

AllFordPerf said:
I thought you were running 11.30s 3 years ago? :stick: Just kidding, glad to hear you got it running. I look forward to seeing it run at the track!

easy on the low blows :( actually was running 11.16s at 127- 128mph :D :banana: . will be there again soon just glad that it runs with more than a stock motor

Darkness said:
Phill I'm pretty sure that you'll hit those 11's on the 1st passm no doubt. By the way what days do you have off? (Gym)

still have fri / sat off until june 26th then I have wed / thur and I plan on doing chest on one of those days off any ways I also go on two weeks vacation from june 12th to june 25th :spot: and plan on hitting the gym very hard.I just started the m1t again so that way when I am on vacation it is in my system and I plan to kill myself with the weight pile :nice: I lost your number so give me a call and we will try and get some thing set up

wicked93 said:
still have fri / sat off until june 26th then I have wed / thur and I plan on doing chest on one of those days off any ways I also go on two weeks vacation from june 12th to june 25th :spot: and plan on hitting the gym very hard.I just started the m1t again so that way when I am on vacation it is in my system and I plan to kill myself with the weight pile :nice: I lost your number so give me a call and we will try and get some thing set up
Cool, will do. Saturdays will be better for me cause I work during the day on friday so...
M1T huh? I guess you stacked it up before the ban then? hehe :D

Ed: Glad you found a possible cause for some power loss. One thing that I have learned through little mistakes with cars is that I should trust my instincts. If something seems off, it probably is. You seem to have figured that out as well. Hope your next runs feel right all the way through! Your car is bitchin', and has more than enough power to get you the ET's you seek. Good luck!

loud 95 said:
Ed: Glad you found a possible cause for some power loss. One thing that I have learned through little mistakes with cars is that I should trust my instincts. If something seems off, it probably is. You seem to have figured that out as well. Hope your next runs feel right all the way through! Your car is bitchin', and has more than enough power to get you the ET's you seek. Good luck!
Thanks Bro, those are some pretty kind words :nice: :cheers: