• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Its ALIVE!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter NPIGT
  • Start date Start date Apr 16, 2006
N

NPIGT

New Member
Nov 29, 2004
96
0
0
Apr 16, 2006
#1
  • Apr 16, 2006
  • #1
Well the last 5 days have been grueling. I finally got PI cams and Intake Manifold on my NPI. It took so long because my Dad had to have eye surgery, so I have had to take care of him and the last 4 days I have had to work . But its finally done, I used the AFM cam tool and had no problem with it, except I almost dropped the cam gear spacer washer thing down the front timing cover .... Luck allowed me to get it out! It pulls real nice up top now . I am really pleased with the AFM tool. I think next will be the BBK throttle body/plenum and March underdrive pullies. Nitto 555 dr's and 4.10's. Should all happen fairly soon then its track time. Sorry about the rant I just love the feel of new found power!
 

Outlaw97GT

Member
Sep 10, 2005
234
0
16
Redneckville, Tx
Apr 16, 2006
#2
  • Apr 16, 2006
  • #2
Glad everything went good for ya. Ive been tossing the PI headswap or cam/intake swap back in forth.
Does it sound any different at idle?

All the research I have found is that the heads are only worth about 10hp.
 

RedDaemon

10 Year Member
Mar 31, 2005
3,470
9
108
Atlanta, GA
Apr 16, 2006
#3
  • Apr 16, 2006
  • #3
Outlaw97GT said:
Glad everything went good for ya. Ive been tossing the PI headswap or cam/intake swap back in forth.
Does it sound any different at idle?

All the research I have found is that the heads are only worth about 10hp.
Click to expand...

get them ported if u got the $$$
 

03ghoststang

Well-Known Member
Jul 16, 2005
1,930
1
57
Los Angeles, California
Apr 16, 2006
#4
  • Apr 16, 2006
  • #4
glad to hear you are happy with the P.I swap
 
N

NPIGT

New Member
Nov 29, 2004
96
0
0
Apr 17, 2006
#5
  • Apr 17, 2006
  • #5
Outlaw97GT said:
Glad everything went good for ya. Ive been tossing the PI headswap or cam/intake swap back in forth.
Does it sound any different at idle?

All the research I have found is that the heads are only worth about 10hp.
Click to expand...

Not a lot of difference in the idle sound, my friends said it seems to sound a little more deep and throaty which I agree. But nothing like an aftermarket cam, just gives a little more rumble. As far as the swap goes, I would deffinetly reccomend it. I spent like $400 for a new thermostat, PI intake manifold, PI cams, coolant tube, alt. bracket, AFM tool and gaskets. It actually pulls up top now!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Progress Thread The Mach Returns - Update/build thread
  • squeak93
  • Feb 20, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
633
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Thursday at 1:30 PM
squeak93
Hard to start when engine is cold
  • 86_Capri
  • Mar 11, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
32
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 21, 2026
CAMTWO1070
O
My rebirth, Hi from PA
  • onemore1987
  • Jun 28, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
188
The Welcome Wagon Jun 29, 2026
onemore1987
O
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
351
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
What's your tow rig?
  • LILCBRA
  • May 31, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
6
Views
262
Other Auto Tech Today at 6:09 PM
JD1964
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?