It's Grilling Time! The Official Stangnet Grill/Smoke Thread

So I asked my kids if they wanted turkey or ribeyes for thanksgiving…….

My kids are so smart! I’ve got four beautiful cowboy ribeyes in the fridge now. Each weighs about three pounds.

I’ll show them off Friday. The kids will be with their mother on Thursday.
 
Them’s roasts! I could handle beast instead of turkey or ham.
So I asked my kids if they wanted turkey or ribeyes for thanksgiving…….

My kids are so smart! I’ve got four beautiful cowboy ribeyes in the fridge now. Each weighs about three pounds.

I’ll show them off Friday. The kids will be with their mother on Thursday.
 
So my daughter and her boyfriend can’t come tomorrow, so I’m cooking one of the steaks today.

Here is one of them in all it’s local herd glory. It’s an Oklahoma ribeye. I include a picture with a can of local brew so you can see how thick that bastard is.
68C117DF-5E72-403C-849D-EBD6E8AE63E4.webp
5372D230-75D5-4F5C-8FF9-E35848F7AE60.webp
I season mine with lowrys because I LOVE lowrys. Ready for the oven. This will probably take three hours or more in the oven. I’m shootings for 132* before I sear it.
3879C11A-0475-4927-822B-08B08B5460C5.webp
The neat MEATER app.
BEE7C9D0-1DD6-427B-A31D-F66250C42C97.webp
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ronin38
Well hell……….I forgot I told a butcher last week to get me a couple more cowboy ribeyes.
70DD050B-61FD-4F0E-8F6D-7F33894EB368.webp
So I’m going to try smoking these guys for something different to try.
91E0C9C4-793F-4F93-9774-35A77DE63330.webp
I‘ll let you know how they turn out. Smoking at 225*.
 
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 02 281 GT
I’ve never considered smoking a ribeye. I thought it was sacrilegious in a way. Not anymore.

Here’s how they turned out.
DB96888E-4C18-4960-BFC4-163180D2A1C9.jpeg 362F9D13-6FAA-463E-BAD3-2035DB5F9058.jpeg Oh dang! They turned out spectacular. A little Smokey flavor. Great medium rare. Man they were good.:nice:
Btw, it took 1.5 hours to smoke to get the internal temperature to 132*.
 
  • Informative
Reactions: Olivethefet
Merry Christmas y’all!

Got me some big ass steaks for me, my kids and their current love interests…….The tequila is for me, did I mention the love interests earlier?
9B05CD75-9C5A-4536-9C9B-9620B3976D70.webp

I’m smoking them like last time, only change is the finish temp will be 130* instead of 132*. Trying to tweak out the last iota of preferred flavor.
AE5D1931-AF6C-4067-AAD8-A07DF9947689.webp
It should be done in about 1.5 hours.
 
OK. OK. I know this isn't BBQ, but when you find something good you have to share right? I dont know about you but I've always liked good green beans. Very simple and easy to prepare. This isn't a game changer, but I made these Christmas day and they were fantastic. Blancing the beans before throwing them into to the pan was a different move for me. Maybe you know this already. Maybe not! Give them a try. I did not incorporate nuts in mine, but could see where pecans could be delicious.


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDEDSCbS0AY


Also, if you like learning about cooking this guy is the best. Watch a few of his videos and you'll see what I mean.
 
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 02 281 GT
OK. OK. I know this isn't BBQ, but when you find something good you have to share right? I dont know about you but I've always liked good green beans. Very simple and easy to prepare. This isn't a game changer, but I made these Christmas day and they were fantastic. Blancing the beans before throwing them into to the pan was a different move for me. Maybe you know this already. Maybe not! Give them a try. I did not incorporate nuts in mine, but could see where pecans could be delicious.


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDEDSCbS0AY


Also, if you like learning about cooking this guy is the best. Watch a few of his videos and you'll see what I mean.

My wife makes some really good green beans. She uses almonds. They are a fantastic complement to the flavor of the beans.
 
Well you're all in luck.

Take a piece of foil and fill it with:
2 strips of bacon (right against the foil on the bottom)
fresh green beans
2 cloves of garlic
garlic salt (don't be stingy) and cracked pepper to taste
Olive oil TblSpoon

Toss over coals or gas grill. 15 ish minutes for al dente, longer if you want to brown/sear (this is good too)

Also: Same recipe with asparagus and sliced potatoes... :drool: 30+ minutes for this one.


Oh... and roll the foil well enough that you can flip the whole thing on the grill. Helps to [spread it all out] Nomnomnom