• Off-Topic Hangout

It's Grilling Time! The Official Stangnet Grill/Smoke Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Olivethefet
  • Start date Start date Jun 19, 2019
Prev
  • 1
  • …
  • 42
  • 43
  • 44
  • 45
  • 46
  • …
  • 53
Next
First Prev 44 of 53 Next Last

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,418
21,628
234
Box behind Walmart
Nov 15, 2021
#861
  • Nov 15, 2021
  • #861
View: https://youtu.be/wYcIc2WHqCA
 
Reactions: Bullitt347 and 2Blue2

2Blue2

will be trying this sex one when I can find it
Mod Dude
Mar 5, 2019
4,446
2,910
163
Oahu
Nov 19, 2021
#862
  • Nov 19, 2021
  • #862
I had to listen to this 3 x before I finished my Bourbon, Scotch, and beer....TGIF
Now I need to burn something on the grill.
 
Reactions: Ronin38

Davedacarpainter

Chicks can make things hard if they’re inspired...
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
11,833
11,634
203
Discordia
Nov 23, 2021
#863
  • Nov 23, 2021
  • #863
So I asked my kids if they wanted turkey or ribeyes for thanksgiving…….

My kids are so smart! I’ve got four beautiful cowboy ribeyes in the fridge now. Each weighs about three pounds.

I’ll show them off Friday. The kids will be with their mother on Thursday.
 

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
7,387
2,745
194
Kearney, NE
Nov 23, 2021
#864
  • Nov 23, 2021
  • #864
Them’s roasts! I could handle beast instead of turkey or ham.
Davedacarpainter said:
So I asked my kids if they wanted turkey or ribeyes for thanksgiving…….

My kids are so smart! I’ve got four beautiful cowboy ribeyes in the fridge now. Each weighs about three pounds.

I’ll show them off Friday. The kids will be with their mother on Thursday.
Click to expand...
 

Davedacarpainter

Chicks can make things hard if they’re inspired...
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
11,833
11,634
203
Discordia
Nov 23, 2021
#865
  • Nov 23, 2021
  • #865
7991LXnSHO said:
Them’s roasts! I could handle beast instead of turkey or ham.
Click to expand...
I always thought the thicker cuts would taste like a roast myself. They don’t at all though, three pounds of ribeye flavor! Meat coma is an imperative with these.
 
Reactions: 02 281 GT, Ronin38, 2Blue2 and 1 other person

Davedacarpainter

Chicks can make things hard if they’re inspired...
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
11,833
11,634
203
Discordia
Nov 25, 2021
#866
  • Nov 25, 2021
  • #866
So my daughter and her boyfriend can’t come tomorrow, so I’m cooking one of the steaks today.

Here is one of them in all it’s local herd glory. It’s an Oklahoma ribeye. I include a picture with a can of local brew so you can see how thick that bastard is.


I season mine with lowrys because I LOVE lowrys. Ready for the oven. This will probably take three hours or more in the oven. I’m shootings for 132* before I sear it.

The neat MEATER app.
 
Reactions: Ronin38

Ryuk

I love your drawers
5 Year Member
Apr 22, 2017
1,707
1,633
133
Nov 25, 2021
#867
  • Nov 25, 2021
  • #867
Per special request.


 
Reactions: 7991LXnSHO, 2Blue2 and Davedacarpainter

Davedacarpainter

Chicks can make things hard if they’re inspired...
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
11,833
11,634
203
Discordia
Nov 26, 2021
#868
  • Nov 26, 2021
  • #868
Thanksgiving is on for me and the boys.


In the oven right now. I’m going up to 135* this time. Since I can push this to almost an exact degree, I want to see what’s best to me. I’ll have some nice cooked mushrooms on the side today.
 
Reactions: 02 281 GT, Olivethefet, 2Blue2 and 1 other person

2Blue2

will be trying this sex one when I can find it
Mod Dude
Mar 5, 2019
4,446
2,910
163
Oahu
Nov 26, 2021
#869
  • Nov 26, 2021
  • #869
You keep doing that! Dang!
 

Davedacarpainter

Chicks can make things hard if they’re inspired...
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
11,833
11,634
203
Discordia
Nov 27, 2021
#870
  • Nov 27, 2021
  • #870
2Blue2 said:
You keep doing that! Dang!
Click to expand...
Honestly? I’m getting tired of steak. Lol

I want to try cooking duck, I’m clueless about it right now though.
 

Davedacarpainter

Chicks can make things hard if they’re inspired...
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
11,833
11,634
203
Discordia
Dec 5, 2021
#871
  • Dec 5, 2021
  • #871
Well hell……….I forgot I told a butcher last week to get me a couple more cowboy ribeyes.

So I’m going to try smoking these guys for something different to try.

I‘ll let you know how they turn out. Smoking at 225*.
 
Reactions: 02 281 GT

2Blue2

will be trying this sex one when I can find it
Mod Dude
Mar 5, 2019
4,446
2,910
163
Oahu
Dec 5, 2021
#872
  • Dec 5, 2021
  • #872
Thats pretty meat.
 

Davedacarpainter

Chicks can make things hard if they’re inspired...
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
11,833
11,634
203
Discordia
Dec 5, 2021
#873
  • Dec 5, 2021
  • #873
I’ve never considered smoking a ribeye. I thought it was sacrilegious in a way. Not anymore.

Here’s how they turned out.
Oh dang! They turned out spectacular. A little Smokey flavor. Great medium rare. Man they were good.
 
Reactions: 02 281 GT, 2Blue2, Noobz347 and 4 others

Davedacarpainter

Chicks can make things hard if they’re inspired...
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
11,833
11,634
203
Discordia
Dec 7, 2021
#874
  • Dec 7, 2021
  • #874
Davedacarpainter said:
I’ve never considered smoking a ribeye. I thought it was sacrilegious in a way. Not anymore.

Here’s how they turned out.
Oh dang! They turned out spectacular. A little Smokey flavor. Great medium rare. Man they were good.
Click to expand...
Btw, it took 1.5 hours to smoke to get the internal temperature to 132*.
 
Reactions: Olivethefet

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
7,387
2,745
194
Kearney, NE
Dec 8, 2021
#875
  • Dec 8, 2021
  • #875
 
Reactions: IIGood, Ronin38 and Davedacarpainter

Davedacarpainter

Chicks can make things hard if they’re inspired...
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
11,833
11,634
203
Discordia
Dec 25, 2021
#876
  • Dec 25, 2021
  • #876
Merry Christmas y’all!

Got me some big ass steaks for me, my kids and their current love interests…….The tequila is for me, did I mention the love interests earlier?


I’m smoking them like last time, only change is the finish temp will be 130* instead of 132*. Trying to tweak out the last iota of preferred flavor.

It should be done in about 1.5 hours.
 
Reactions: Olivethefet, 2Blue2, IIGood and 1 other person

Olivethefet

I will own your nuts! LOL
5 Year Member
May 17, 2018
2,596
1,790
143
Enterprise AL
Dec 29, 2021
#877
  • Dec 29, 2021
  • #877
OK. OK. I know this isn't BBQ, but when you find something good you have to share right? I dont know about you but I've always liked good green beans. Very simple and easy to prepare. This isn't a game changer, but I made these Christmas day and they were fantastic. Blancing the beans before throwing them into to the pan was a different move for me. Maybe you know this already. Maybe not! Give them a try. I did not incorporate nuts in mine, but could see where pecans could be delicious.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDEDSCbS0AY


Also, if you like learning about cooking this guy is the best. Watch a few of his videos and you'll see what I mean.
 
Reactions: 02 281 GT

02 281 GT

Agreed...My wife has great Boobs
15 Year Member
Feb 3, 2009
3,208
1,973
194
Cabot, AR
Dec 31, 2021
#878
  • Dec 31, 2021
  • #878
Olivethefet said:
OK. OK. I know this isn't BBQ, but when you find something good you have to share right? I dont know about you but I've always liked good green beans. Very simple and easy to prepare. This isn't a game changer, but I made these Christmas day and they were fantastic. Blancing the beans before throwing them into to the pan was a different move for me. Maybe you know this already. Maybe not! Give them a try. I did not incorporate nuts in mine, but could see where pecans could be delicious.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDEDSCbS0AY


Also, if you like learning about cooking this guy is the best. Watch a few of his videos and you'll see what I mean.
Click to expand...
My wife makes some really good green beans. She uses almonds. They are a fantastic complement to the flavor of the beans.
 
Reactions: Olivethefet and 7991LXnSHO

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,418
21,628
234
Box behind Walmart
Dec 31, 2021
#879
  • Dec 31, 2021
  • #879
Well you're all in luck.

Take a piece of foil and fill it with:
2 strips of bacon (right against the foil on the bottom)
fresh green beans
2 cloves of garlic
garlic salt (don't be stingy) and cracked pepper to taste
Olive oil TblSpoon

Toss over coals or gas grill. 15 ish minutes for al dente, longer if you want to brown/sear (this is good too)

Also: Same recipe with asparagus and sliced potatoes... 30+ minutes for this one.


Oh... and roll the foil well enough that you can flip the whole thing on the grill. Helps to [spread it all out] Nomnomnom
 
Reactions: Ronin38 and Olivethefet

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,418
21,628
234
Box behind Walmart
Dec 31, 2021
#880
  • Dec 31, 2021
  • #880
Oh... I forgot the almonds (as usual). They are [really] good with the green beans (not as much with the taterz and asparagus IMO).
 
Reactions: Ronin38
Prev
  • 1
  • …
  • 42
  • 43
  • 44
  • 45
  • 46
  • …
  • 53
Next
First Prev 44 of 53 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

L
Engine Need help diagnosing 2 dead cylinders
  • lvgnmz
  • Feb 13, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
508
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Feb 13, 2025
Mustang5L5
6
Hey all,I’m putting together a 302 for my 1968 Mustang and wanted to post the combo + some questions to make sure I’m not missing crucial
  • 68_Disgustang
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
gray owl
G
Place to Avoid: Jamison Auto Group in Gulfport, MS
  • D Durden
  • Oct 20, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
46
Views
3K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 16, 2026
Noobz347
A
1991 5.0 with HCI - started car, running for a few minutes, started pushing coolant into the overflow tank and then puking out from there. I'm lost
  • AmericanMuscle4.6GT
  • Oct 16, 2022
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
4K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Nov 30, 2022
CAMTWO1070
Engine Help diagnose random overheating??
  • TomOsiris
  • Apr 10, 2022
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 5 6 7
Replies
122
Views
17K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 3, 2023
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Off-Topic Hangout
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?