It's Just Too Good A Deal To Pass.

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
Ok,...So. It's no secret to some that at one point in time, I was entertaining the idea of powering the monster w/ LS power. Back then the budget was uncertain and the lure of a JY LS was almost too irresistible. Obviously, I covered my ears back then, and chose a different path, building the I6 that has been sitting now in the monster for close to a year now. As opposed to building a 5.0/5.8 (which I just won't do, do to the belly button quotient of owning one) But yesterday, an opportunity came my way that is just too good to pass up.

2006_Chevrolet_Corvette_Z06_LS7_engine.jpg

This is an LS-7. There is one of them sitting on the floor of a local custom shop. The owner wants something different for their next build, and wants the monster's engine. He is willing to trade the 15k dollar engine STRAIGHT across for the wheezer powered I6 that currently resides in the G-monster.

It's too good a deal to pass up. It'll mean I gotta source a 4L60/80 GM trans, and some headers, I'll have to re-fab the mounts, and find some headers, but wow!,.....who'd a thunk my little 300.00 JY 250 would net me a super engine like an LS7.?

I gotta start on getting the thing out this Sunday,...and should be able to take delivery of the LS on Thursday.....I can't wait.

I know that it'll mean the start of a barrage of hatred here, and considering the rewards,.....bring it.

• Sponsors (?)