Ptfe

temporary_zps8e448182.jpg

5 minutes. That's all it took to build a PTFE line w/ real fittings. I bought Fragola stuff this time around, and it was only marginally more difficult than a regular hose end. All it took to do it (besides the cut off wheel) was what you see.

So, as a review,..this is the second time that Summit branded stuff ended up being junk. Both times however, they made it right and I will continue to buy all my stuff from them, but as a note to self, I will never buy a Summit branded part again.

Attachments

• temporary_zps8e448182.jpg
    temporary_zps8e448182.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

So, as a review,..this is the second time that Summit branded stuff ended up being junk. Both times however, they made it right and I will continue to buy all my stuff from them, but as a note to self, I will never buy a Summit branded part again.
Thanks for the warning, it will save someone time and frustration.

I would hope that when confronted with a need for stainless braded line, that I would have remembered my days as an aircraft mechanic. Maybe that would have motivated me to buy it from an aircraft supply place. However, the urge to save $$ might very well put me in the same frustrating situation as you experienced. Thanks again for the warning.

Fragola is nice stuff, i have summit brand fittings and the oddball ones i bought fragola. I wish i used all fragola as the summit ones break if you try to re tighten them and the fragola stuff just goes together so much easier. They are located in CT, couldnt tell you if the stuff is made in the USA though.

I just built some -10 hoses for my catch cans with summit fittings and they were indeed a major pain. I've used Russell fittings mostly and had great luck with them.. and they are very reasonable.