• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Ive Been Saying For A While...

  • Thread starter Thread starter stykthyn
  • Start date Start date Sep 12, 2013
  • 1
  • 2
Next
1 of 2 Next Last

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
15 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
5,232
2,652
223
gainesville
Sep 12, 2013
#1
  • Sep 12, 2013
  • #1
that i would never dd my fox again but for the last month and a half while my wrangler had its tranny rebuilt i had to daily the 87 and now that my jeep is back I miss the mustang. The last 7 weekd reminded me why I fell in love with fox bodies in the first place.
 

88LX5.Oh

15 Year Member
Dec 30, 2011
1,442
205
94
Arkansas
Sep 12, 2013
#2
  • Sep 12, 2013
  • #2
Month and a half for a Wrangler tranny rebuild?
How many jobs were in front of it lol
 

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
15 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
5,232
2,652
223
gainesville
Sep 12, 2013
#3
  • Sep 12, 2013
  • #3
Did it myself in the evenings. Shipping held me up on a few parts. That's why it took so long.
 

88LX5.Oh

15 Year Member
Dec 30, 2011
1,442
205
94
Arkansas
Sep 12, 2013
#4
  • Sep 12, 2013
  • #4
Ah understandable. Anyways back to the actual point of the post. I'm jealous of you. I can't wait until my car is DD ready.
 

madspeed

Colonel Mustard
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
8,913
1,332
204
a van down by the river
Sep 12, 2013
#5
  • Sep 12, 2013
  • #5
ah Dunkin Donuts...
 
Reactions: Mustang5L5

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
15 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
5,232
2,652
223
gainesville
Sep 12, 2013
#6
  • Sep 12, 2013
  • #6
I prefer krispy kreme
 

madspeed

Colonel Mustard
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
8,913
1,332
204
a van down by the river
Sep 12, 2013
#7
  • Sep 12, 2013
  • #7
'Murica runs on Dunkin!
 

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
15 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
5,232
2,652
223
gainesville
Sep 12, 2013
#8
  • Sep 12, 2013
  • #8
Dunkins coffee is bad ass, I will give it that
 
Reactions: madspeed

hoopty5.0

mechanicus terribilis
15 Year Member
Dec 14, 2010
7,813
6,968
214
SW Houston
Sep 12, 2013
#9
  • Sep 12, 2013
  • #9
WTF happened to this post? Started on a fox, now we're at coffee?






I just drink Folgers.
 
Reactions: stykthyn

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
15 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
5,232
2,652
223
gainesville
Sep 12, 2013
#10
  • Sep 12, 2013
  • #10
Put the parking decal back in the Fox this morning. Going to rock it until fall hits and I can take the top off the jeep without fear afternoon showers or heat stroke
 

NIKwoaC

中國製造
15 Year Member
Oct 31, 2006
5,525
943
214
Chengdu Province
Sep 12, 2013
#11
  • Sep 12, 2013
  • #11
Oh yea, I drive the chit out of my car. I don't care about the lower back sweat on those 97 degree days. The tops are off and I'm driving that shiz.
 
Reactions: 88LX5.Oh and stykthyn

madspeed

Colonel Mustard
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
8,913
1,332
204
a van down by the river
Sep 12, 2013
#12
  • Sep 12, 2013
  • #12
Don't believe the Folgers jingle, The best part of waking up is getting to drive your Mustang
 
Reactions: stykthyn and Grabbin' Asphalt

hoopty5.0

mechanicus terribilis
15 Year Member
Dec 14, 2010
7,813
6,968
214
SW Houston
Sep 13, 2013
#13
  • Sep 13, 2013
  • #13
madspeed said:
Don't believe the Folgers jingle, The best part of waking up is getting to drive your Mustang
Click to expand...

The only way mine moves right now is if I push it
 
Reactions: A5literMan and krazedstang

Grabbin' Asphalt

10 Year Member
Jun 10, 2013
2,029
310
124
Atlanta, Ga
Sep 13, 2013
#14
  • Sep 13, 2013
  • #14
Oh to DD or not to DD, ...I love driving period, so I wanna be happy doing it.
But I did have a chance to drive my friends wrangler to the beach one time. Top off, doors off with some slightly oversized tires. It was pretty bad@ss and with the stereo system was icing on the cake
 

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
15 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
5,232
2,652
223
gainesville
Sep 13, 2013
#15
  • Sep 13, 2013
  • #15
Grabbin' Asphalt said:
Oh to DD or not to DD, ...I love driving period, so I wanna be happy doing it.
But I did have a chance to drive my friends wrangler to the beach one time. Top off, doors off with some slightly oversized tires. It was pretty bad@ss and with the stereo system was icing on the cake
Click to expand...
Riding doorless and topless in the spring/fall.....nothing beats it.
if only the jeep had another 150hp......
 

NIKwoaC

中國製造
15 Year Member
Oct 31, 2006
5,525
943
214
Chengdu Province
Sep 13, 2013
#16
  • Sep 13, 2013
  • #16
 

A5literMan

At least it is lumpy...
5 Year Member
Jul 30, 2011
4,674
2,343
194
Illinois
Sep 14, 2013
#17
  • Sep 14, 2013
  • #17
NIKwoaC said:
Click to expand...
Now that would be an uncomfortable DD
 

LarsD

Founding Member
Jul 2, 2002
2,680
119
123
Texas
Sep 14, 2013
#18
  • Sep 14, 2013
  • #18
I miss DD'ing my LX. Once it starts to cool a bit down here I want to start again.
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,332
18,059
224
Massachusetts
Sep 14, 2013
#19
  • Sep 14, 2013
  • #19
I still can't DD a fox. No seat warmers


Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
 

madspeed

Colonel Mustard
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
8,913
1,332
204
a van down by the river
Sep 14, 2013
#20
  • Sep 14, 2013
  • #20
TMI has em you can add to keep your pansy ass warm!
 
  • 1
  • 2
Next
1 of 2 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

R
Rcapri - 1980 Capri, bought new by inlaws
  • RCapri
  • Sep 18, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
19
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 20, 2025
manicmechanic007
89 LX Electrical Troubles
  • fun331
  • Oct 25, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
409
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Nov 27, 2025
fun331
Fox Fuel Pump Issues After Replacement/Upgrade
  • Ryu
  • Jun 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
915
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 13, 2026
Ryu
A
1987 5.0 speed density Foxbody crank no start
  • Alan2204
  • May 23, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
462
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 30, 2026
Mcmahst
D
New Guy In Ga.
  • Driven65
  • Oct 20, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
241
The Welcome Wagon Nov 11, 2025
Driven65
D
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?