Jacksonville, FL = Gear install?

tonys5.0

Sep 17, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Anyone here live in Jacksonville, FL? I'm looking for someone to install my 3.73's in my 04 gt 5 sp. J&D Serivces quoted $350 but just for the basic gear install.
I haven't found any good info on a local shop that installs ford racing gears (accept ford for about $900) so I'm trying this here.

• Sponsors (?)

tonys5.0 said:
Anyone here live in Jacksonville, FL? I'm looking for someone to install my 3.73's in my 04 gt 5 sp. J&D Serivces quoted $350 but just for the basic gear install.
I haven't found any good info on a local shop that installs ford racing gears (accept ford for about $900) so I'm trying this here.

I live in jacksonville and the only place I trust would be HP performance on blanding blvd. It's south of the mall.

They installed my 3.73's for 180 and replaced my pitted axles with ones they had used and un pitted for free. Great guys, and they know what they are doing.

His name is actually Tony. hmm :)

If ya need any more info PM me

WillDuhhBeast said:
I live in jacksonville and the only place I trust would be HP performance on blanding blvd. It's south of the mall.

They installed my 3.73's for 180 and replaced my pitted axles with ones they had used and un pitted for free. Great guys, and they know what they are doing.

His name is actually Tony. hmm :)

If ya need any more info PM me
:stupid: I have heard nothing but great things about that shop!:nice:

Just got the 4.10 gears installed from Tony. Awesome job by the way! No gear whine or anything. Tuned the car and x caled it as well. Totally different now!

Great to hear.

We are lucky to have such a solid stang shop in town. It's the only place I'll go for work.

I live off of roosevelt or "17" right near the base to answer the earlier question. I remember that picture bigchief took in front of that jaguar at the stadium, amazing =)

You guys should go out to BJ's on atlantic on tuesday and saturday. I go out there every time.

I'd love to see how the 4.10's feel also, to compare to my 3.73's.

I called Tony today and he quoted me 200 for the gears, 20 for the oil, 200 for the install and either 100 for them to correct the speedometer or 400 for a handheld tuner, is this what everyone else paid?

Are gears really worth it for 520 bucks (4.10s)

Yes. Yes they are. Most definitely. You will not be dissaponted at all!! Gears are one of THE best mods you can get for our cars, especially 4.10s.

Also, there is a product called a Speedcal which is way cheaper than using the XCal handheld tuner to fix the speedo, which is what i think that 100 is for instead of the tuner. However, if you are going to pick up a handheld tuner and get a dyno tune later on, you might as well get it now. I know it seems like a lot up front

yeah I was thinking of picking up an xcal because im going to get an offroad x pipe and dont want to mess with mils, but that is a lot of money up front, is 420 + whatever I pick to fix the speedo a good price?

On a slightly related topic, what would a cop do in florida if he looked under your car and saw that you had no cats?

I dont know why a cop wo0uld look under your car to begin with... We have no emissions checks any damned ways...

If you ever plan on getting a tune or want to pull codes, advance timing, etc etc... Go ahead and get the Xcal. Better to put that 100 dollars towards something that you're gonna be able to use later, like the Xcal, instead of spending 100 now and then another 400 later for a product that will do the same thing and more...

What's this about BJ's on Atlantic on Tues and Sat? I just picked up my '09 GT last Thur and was wondering about a tuner in Jax and found this thread :) Will definitely check out HP Performance. You guys know of any other get togethers in Jax? I'd like to see some of the mods i'm thinking about ahead of time if possible.