jegs aluminum drivesahft

j753303

Aug 25, 2020
MASS
anyone ever use one of the jegs aluminum driveshafts? i ordered one since i couldn't find one anywhere else in stock for months and its only $310 shipped. just curious the quality and who makes them.

• Sponsors (?)

Wow, that’s more than I expected. I ordered my Ford aluminum driveshaft when it was a lot less than that. The price on that has also jumped since then - if they even still offer it.

I just got one as well, only aluminum i could find. I had a FMS on my 95', this one looks like a show piece in comparison. I am questioning the lack of weight on the shaft? My FMS did have two weights, this one has none? Have you installed yours and driven yet? Any issues?

I just got one as well, only aluminum i could find. I had a FMS on my 95', this one looks like a show piece in comparison. I am questioning the lack of weight on the shaft? My FMS did have two weights, this one has none? Have you installed yours and driven yet? Any issues?
i havent even got it yet. but i prob wont be putting it on till spring. my car is under the knife.

That Jegs driveshaft is decent. The difference is the hybrid universal joint used at the flange for the rear. Its 1310 and 1330. The real difference between that one and the FP one is the flange universal joint is the bigger size. This is also why the Jegs one isn't rated for more hp.

To make it have more power you would need one of the 1330 driveshaft yoke flanges, according to several of my old school friends.

I'm also going to order one...they said they only had 14 left a week ago...I'm guessing its about half that now.

Screenshot_20201116-152759_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

my FMS driveshaft doesn’t have any weights on it. :shrug:

Reactions: 1 user
That Jegs driveshaft is decent. The difference is the hybrid universal joint used at the flange for the rear. Its 1310 and 1330. The real difference between that one and the FP one is the flange universal joint is the bigger size. This is also why the Jegs one isn't rated for more hp.

To make it have more power you would need one of the 1330 driveshaft yoke flanges, according to several of my old school friends.

I'm also going to order one...they said they only had 14 left a week ago...I'm guessing its about half that now.

Screenshot_20201116-152759_Chrome.jpg
i got the backorder email. said to ship around the end of the month...fyi

Is nobody doing the AWD Aerostar DS swap anymore? I know they are getting scarce but early this past summer there were a few still in the local Pick n Pull when I was there. I know it is a risk since all the cars are brought into the yard using a front loader. I have one on my 86. I have had no problems with it since I installed it 10 years ago. I have less than $75 in it with the new u-joints, but again that was 10 years ago.