Junkyard Jumping Scores (Explorer Int Found)

89GT331

Oct 15, 2009
Fitzgerald, GA
Well I headed to ATL this past weekend to the Pull-A-Parts with a goal of picking up a few small parts and found some treasure and some heart ache.
My short list just included a V6 Contour fan but found some sweet swag. Ended up with 2 fan setups, complete XJ D44 rearend , Vortec 350 (I know but its going in a S10 at least), and new blower fan for the XJ. All for a staggering $315. All in all a pretty good haul. Worst part of the day was Finding a V8 Explorer that was a cash for clunker car. Complete motor had the 3 bar heads, cant remember which ones those are, but totally ruined with sodium silicate. Just made me sick to see such a great junk yard find being trashed. What a waste...intake and tb should be good still so if anyone in the Atlanta area is looking for a GT-40 style intake head over to Pull-A-Part East. Explorer is on the front left row of C4C cars almost at the end. Intake should end up costing you about 30 plus taxes.

• Sponsors (?)

I need to go to a junk yard and buy a motor, something odd. They're so cheap it'd be cool to drop a vortec in a geo tracker or something