Just Bought A Procharger D1 Help Please

eighty5fox

Mustang Master
Sep 29, 2016
mass
Hey guys as the title says im new here just bought a used procharger D1 for a 94-95. I have some questions and obstacles if any one could help or give me some knowledge. It is going to be going on my 89 coupe and im running a 302 (.040 over) with fox pullies here are my issues and questions any advice is appreciated.

Will the 94-95 kit work on my fox as is without me having to change anything.

The kit has a bracket that I believe the procharger mounts to that has a powersteering pump in it. My problem with this is have eliminated power steering I only run an alternator and water pump.
Where do I buy parts if needed?

What size injectors do I need? can I run 30#s or should I go with 42#s

Will the sn95 maf work in a fox it comes with the kit I could sell if I cant use it.

What size fuel pump should I run I currently have a walboro 190 and a aeromotive regulator.

Where can I get install instructions ive looked online and can not seem to find much. Maybe im looking in the wrong places.

I have more questions I just need to figure them out thanks in advance guys I will also be starting a build thread with tons of pics hopefully.

• Sponsors (?)

Let's get our supercharger guru's involved @84Ttop @TOOLOW91 .

They'll have an answer for you.

Welcome to stangnet.

340 aeromotive in tank will do the trick .

I'd run 42 lb injectors and plan on a dyno tune .

As far as the brackets I know the procharger uses a side slinger setup on the driver side . Now the 94-95 had its own unique spacing for the pulleys . So I'm not sure if you could shim the bracket to work . Or you may have to get 94-95 water pump and passenger side accessory brackets to make the kit work .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As mentioned above, bracket and pulley spacing is completely different for SN95 cars. I have very limited info on the procharger stuff and even further limited resources. Had this been a Vortech I could get you every last nut bolt and washer required along with the install instructions. Personally I wouldn't try to reinvent the wheel here, I would rather find a kit designed for your car if you intend to just bolt something on and go.

42# injectors and 340 will certainly take care of the fuel side

Reactions: 1 user
I am a Vortech guy as well and agree with what Jeff and Nick said. I will only add- before you go any further, start pricing out how much the fox body brackets, pulleys, inlet and discharge piping, and other parts are going to be. You may find out that it is cheaper and less stressful to buy a complete kit ( Vortech would be my choice onbviously) rather than trying to piecemeal one together.

Reactions: 1 users
I am a Vortech guy as well and agree with what Jeff and Nick said. I will only add- before you go any further, start pricing out how much the fox body brackets, pulleys, inlet and discharge piping, and other parts are going to be. You may find out that it is cheaper and less stressful to buy a complete kit ( Vortech would be my choice onbviously) rather than trying to piecemeal one together.

Absolutely . I wasn't trying to go all Vortech on him but I agree . I'd put the kit on here and corral maybe and then buy a Vortech once it's sold .

Pretty much like everyone else said, price out everything that will be needed to get this to work on your fox and then determine if it's worth it to keep or just buy a kit designed for your car. Instructions can be had easily by calling ProCharger. They will send the instructions right to your email. I would call them first, the instructions should help you hunt down what you need for it to fit.

Hey everyone thanks for your input I get what you are all saying and despite that I am going to make it work lol. I can fab almost anything or have all of the resources to do so I think I mainly need the install instructions and that will set me on the right path. So is the sn95 brackets spaced out of in I can swap the timing cover and water pump no worries there and I have a power master alternator bracket that I can shim out or in with ease. Planning on getting the car tuned by mike dez in Seekonk Ma and just seen he is a procharger authorized dealer maybe he can help me get ahead of this. I got a great deal on the pro charger I paid under 1000 for it just need small odds and ends. sorry for the long post any other input is apreaciated look forward to being a part of this mustang community

Procharger will send you the instructions, I had them send me the instructions on a P600B I acquired for free, super easy to talk to, I had the instructions within minutes of getting off the phone with them.

Awesome thanks for the info

Attachments

• IMG_2062.PNG
    IMG_2062.PNG
    721.9 KB · Views: 154
I will get more pics of everything as it shows up and also pictures of my car and motor it's going on.

Any ideas on what ignition I should run. I currently have a 6al and msd dizzy and coil. Was planning on going with the 6al2 before i ordered this.

Procharger will send you the instructions, I had them send me the instructions on a P600B I acquired for free, super easy to talk to, I had the instructions within minutes of getting off the phone with them.

You can post those here too. If you still have the file, there's an upload button toward the bottom right of your chat window.

yeah I hear you I don't mind spending the money or time to make it mine I might be able to improve some stuff while im doing it hopefully or this can be a complete fail lol see where I get with it. I stumbled into a great deal a buddy of mine is selling his race car and gave me all of the parts from it that I have no use for all mint black interior a fresh machined 351.030 over with new pistons rods not sure on specs yet afr 185 heads and much more will be posting stuff for sale as I don't need most of it

Reactions: 1 users
I will get more pics of everything as it shows up and also pictures of my car and motor it's going on.

Any ideas on what ignition I should run. I currently have a 6al and msd dizzy and coil. Was planning on going with the 6al2 before i ordered this.

I run a 6al , stock dist , stock coil and make just shy of 600rwhp .. What you have will be just fine

Reactions: 1 user
Wow awesome man Im still planning on upgrading to the 6al2 in time but if I can get away with what I have for now then that's the plan.

Also does anybody know if the SN mass air flow works or could it be reprogrammed to work in a fox

Here's more pics of what I just bought

Attachments

• IMG_2063.PNG
    IMG_2063.PNG
    763.2 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_2070.PNG
    IMG_2070.PNG
    803.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_2073.PNG
    IMG_2073.PNG
    804.3 KB · Views: 137
Wow awesome man Im still planning on upgrading to the 6al2 in time but if I can get away with what I have for now then that's the plan.

Also does anybody know if the SN mass air flow works or could it be reprogrammed to work in a fox

Here's more pics of what I just bought
Even with getting a tune the mass air meter is not where I would skimp . Get a pro m and be done with that .

I just spoke to dez racing they are a dealer for procharger he was very helpful. They may or may not have a fox style bracket laying around or they can order me a bracket from procharger for about $480. He also said he believes I can use the maf which is a pro m I believe or I can send my meter out which is a pmass slot style. Would I be better off with 60lb injectors or 42lb. Thanks for all of your advice

I just spoke to dez racing they are a dealer for procharger he was very helpful. They may or may not have a fox style bracket laying around or they can order me a bracket from procharger for about $480. He also said he believes I can use the maf which is a pro m I believe or I can send my meter out which is a pmass slot style. Would I be better off with 60lb injectors or 42lb. Thanks for all of your advice

What's the rest of the engine consist of. On a stock. Block I think 42s would be ok