just did battery relocate

87WhiteStang1

Dec 19, 2007
I just finished my battery relocation yesterday. It has been working okay but i just have one problem. When i go to start the car it cranks really slow. it has started every time so far but i feel like one of these times it isn't going to. I have 1ga. ran from solenoid back to the bat. and 2ga from the bat ground bolted to the body right under the mat in the hatch. the ground that went from bat. to block originally now goes from body to block. battery is only 530 CCA so I'm wondering if i should upgrade battery or if there is another problem. any tips are welcomed. THANKS!

• Sponsors (?)

Troubleshoot first. My initial guess is that the ground contacts from body to block etc. are not as good as they should be. Run a jumper cable from the batt ground post up to a good spot on the clock. Check to see if cranking changes (no need to disconnect anything for this).

If it changes, redo your grounds and call it a day.

If not, run the other jumper cable lead from the pos post to the solenoid connection. If cranking changes, re-accomplish the connection on the positive side.

If all of that fails, you may want to consider that either the starter, the charging system, or yes... your battery as the culprit.

Good Luck :nice:

Edit: Oh... you may also want to check your solenoid and the wiring going to the starter from the solenoid. You can jumper the solenoid to check it and use the same jumper cables to by-pass (assist) the starter wiring to see if that's the weak link.