Just dyno'ed my car!!!

green_fow_six

Founding Member
Jan 21, 2002
Martinez, CA
Just got back from Apex motorsports in Santa Clara. I did a baseline dyno before I slap on the FRPP blower this week. Here's what I pulled.

Run 1.
Max Power = 260.37 Max Torque = 300.11
Run Type: RO Run Conditions: 76.70 F, 30.07 inHg, Humidity: 31%, Uncorrected: 1.00

Run 2.
Max Power = 255.15 Max Torque = 291.70
Run Type: RO Run Conditions: 77.56 F, 30.06 inHg, Humidity: 32%, Uncorrected: 1.00

Run 3.
Max Power = 259.78 Max Torque = 299.12
Run Type: RO Run Conditions: 76.39 F, 30.07 inHg, Humidity: 32%, Uncorrected: 1.00

I'll post the scan when I get a chance later.
Do they seem correct for my mods? I was quite happy with the numbers.

• Sponsors (?)

green_fow_six said:
Just got back from Apex motorsports in Santa Clara. I did a baseline dyno before I slap on the FRPP blower this week. Here's what I pulled.

Run 1.
Run Type: RO Run Conditions: 76.70 F, 30.07 inHg, Humidity: 31%, Uncorrected: 1.00

Run 2.
Run Type: RO Run Conditions: 77.56 F, 30.06 inHg, Humidity: 32%, Uncorrected: 1.00

Run 3.
Run Type: RO Run Conditions: 76.39 F, 30.07 inHg, Humidity: 32%, Uncorrected: 1.00

do you by chance have the SAE corrected...the numbers you have seem to be STD

Here is a scan of the 3 pulls.
How do you get the SAE corrected numbers?
I also noticed that the A/F ratio is a little high around 3500 rpm, is it too high?
I guess it doesn't really matter since I will probably get an SCT tune once the blower is in.

Attachments

• dyno050605.jpg
    dyno050605.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 136
green_fow_six said:

Run 1.

Run 2.

Run 3.

I've gotten a bunch done at APEX. Are they installing the blower for you?

wms004 said:
I've gotten a bunch done at APEX. Are they installing the blower for you?

No, a buddy of mine that is a mechanic is doing it. I would try to do it myself but I just don't have the time and he is only charging me like $300. He did my engine swap also. I'm gonna have apex put in the boost gauges, subframes and dyno tune in a few weeks though. Have you had pretty good luck with Apex? Can't wait to be boosted :D

green_fow_six said:
No, a buddy of mine that is a mechanic is doing it. I would try to do it myself but I just don't have the time and he is only charging me like $300. He did my engine swap also. I'm gonna have apex put in the boost gauges, subframes and dyno tune in a few weeks though. Have you had pretty good luck with Apex? Can't wait to be boosted :D

Nice. Please give us as many details on the blower install as possible - I'm dying to do this. Your before numbers are nice, I expect youll see about 330/340 rwhp. :nice:

green_fow_six said:
Apex did my u/d pullies, griggs subframes, lower control arms, dyno tune etc. Everything I've gotten done there has been 'problemless.'

let us know how you like the frpp s/c

wade

green_fow_six said:
Run 1.

Run 2.
nice, although it does highlight just how inaccurate rolling road dyno's are.

Between two runs you car made over 5rwhp loss, so when people add mods like exhaust or CAI and claim a 10-12rwhp gain, all or some of that gain maybe just an error in reading.

Hope it makes some decent numbers with the blower, but remeber the peak figures are not really important its the profile of the curves on the graph.

You could always create an average in the hope its more accurate, but what average would you use?
-mean
-medium
-mode

300bhp/ton said:
nice, although it does highlight just how inaccurate rolling road dyno's are.

Between two runs you car made over 5rwhp loss, so when people add mods like exhaust or CAI and claim a 10-12rwhp gain, all or some of that gain maybe just an error in reading.

Hope it makes some decent numbers with the blower, but remeber the peak figures are not really important its the profile of the curves on the graph.

You could always create an average in the hope its more accurate, but what average would you use?
-mean
-medium
-mode

Yeah, also when I do the after blower install dyno, you have to take into consideration that the Plenum, pulleys and timing adjuster will be taken off so comparing the after dyno numbers to my current numbers won't really be too accurate.

As far as the diferences in the 3 runs, the tuner said that heat is the biggest factor. When I was there a supercharged 500 rwhp cobra had differences of 30 horsepower until they let it cool down.

green_fow_six said:

Run 1.

Run 2.

Run 3.

Good n/a numbers but don't expect too much from frpp blower. You might get disapointed with you next dyno numbers...

00s281sc368 said:
Good n/a numbers but don't expect too much from frpp blower. You might get disapointed with you next dyno numbers...
although the roots blower won't yeild the biggest gains it will provide more power, but more importantly it will provide a LOT more power down low.

Don't compare peak numbers as that is only one point in the rev range and cars have gears to make use of the entire rev range, the profile of the torque curve, ie where it makes its power is what needs to be compared.