Just got a mustang..couple questions.

baseballfan5566

Nov 2, 2010
I got an 05 mustang gt today with premium package (I think) has shaker 1k and leather. Is there no trunk release inside the car? Also, how do you know if you have the security package? On my last truck there were a list of codes in the glovebox on a sticker, and you would have to look the code up, and it would tell you what that code stood for. IS there anything like this on the mustang?
Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

There's no trunk release in the cabin, just on your key fob and the key hole in the trunk itself, when you press your key fob "lock" button twice does your lights flash and horn blow? I assume if it does it has the security package? I'm not really sure about how the security pkg works tho.....my lights flash and the horn blows when I hit the lock button twice.

Best of luck and congrats on your new Stang :nice:

There are glass break sensors in the pod with the map lights that kind of look like speakers behind a grill. Another way to check it role down the windows set the alarm ( press button twice) and stick your head into the car. If it goes off you have the upgraded system. All newer mustangs have PAT passive ant-theft security as well.

I forgot to mention the flashing light in the instrument cluster, good point Sparta :nice: I did not know about the "PAT" Jester, I doubt my 06 has that, but I'll give it a try a little later today.

BTW: Baseballfan, if you wanted to put a trunk release in the cabin of your car, its supposedly an easy install, there are a lot of companies like American Muscle (I believe they sell the trunk release button) and several other companies that sell the button for something like $35, I hear its a very easy install :nice:

Heres a link to AM, check it out.

Mustang Trunk Release Button Kit (05-09) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!