Just installed my SLP exhaust

SilverSteed

Dec 31, 2002
Just got done installing my SLP Longtubes, Loudmouth, and O/R X-Pipe. All I can say it WOW, it is unbelieveably LOUD!! It has a tinny sound right at 3000 rpm and just screams! I left town last night and my friend was sitting in his basement on the other side of town called to see if i was out driving around because he heard me. The install was a big PITA but with a little patience, it isn't impossible, the biggest problem is only being able to turn some of the bolts one notch at a time. It sounds awesome when you rev it up, but at WOT it is almost unbearable, but im 18 so its all good :nice: I installed them with 4.10's so i cant really tell which made the biggest difference, but it definately pulls a ton harder.
The only thing is they forgot to send O2 sensor simulators, and then sent me another set of O2 extenders instead, so now i have to call when they re-open and get it fixed. They should be taking care of the shipping because it was their mistake, so I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Andy

• Sponsors (?)

SilverSteed said:
Just got done installing my SLP Longtubes, Loudmouth, and O/R X-Pipe. All I can say it WOW, it is unbelieveably LOUD!! It has a tinny sound right at 3000 rpm and just screams! I left town last night and my friend was sitting in his basement on the other side of town called to see if i was out driving around because he heard me. The install was a big PITA but with a little patience, it isn't impossible, the biggest problem is only being able to turn some of the bolts one notch at a time. It sounds awesome when you rev it up, but at WOT it is almost unbearable, but im 18 so its all good :nice: I installed them with 4.10's so i cant really tell which made the biggest difference, but it definately pulls a ton harder.
The only thing is they forgot to send O2 sensor simulators, and then sent me another set of O2 extenders instead, so now i have to call when they re-open and get it fixed. They should be taking care of the shipping because it was their mistake, so I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Andy
how was the LT install?
I ordered SLP xpipe and catback yesterday :). Next time will be the LTs...

hey whats up guys, i am the new owner of a 02 gt vert 5spd and i just ordered the slp loudmouth. I had a 98 z28 vert 6spd before this car. I had the loudmouth installed on the Z but i didnt think it sounded that great except at Full Throttle. But then again, i didnt think *ANY* exhaust on the LS1 sounded great compared to a Mustang. I always had mustang guys compliment me on my exhaust when i shot past em. Main reason for getting the loudmouth is the price, got mine for 300+shipping. Since the mustang is true dual i am expecting a better sound. You know how mustangs exhaust have that definition where you "know" its a mustang sound..will the loudmouth for the 4.6 2v have that "mustang sound" or will it be totally different?

Thats part of how the guy screwed up, he said O2 simulators were included, so when i got it and they werent there, no big deal, just called and got them to send some up. Well they sent the wrong thing, so we'll see how they decide to handle it.

The install was pretty rough, i had to take off my EGR tube and rebend it to make it match up with the fitting on the header. You can only see 3 bolts on each side, and there are eight, so some of it was hard. Very happy with the result though.

I dont know if it has the "mustang" sound, its seriously more like a nascar, it just screams!

Andy

We did not drop the K member, but it probably would have been a heck of alot easier. You cannot raise the engine with the headers on because they are tight against the firewall, so that didnt help either, although it did help to get the manifold off. it took 4 guys about 6 hours to install the headers, not including taking off the manifolds. If i could do it again it would go alot faster, because now i know how you have to attack each bolt. Like i said, there is very little room to tighten the bolts and it is very tedious. Let me know if you have any specific questions. I dont have a way of getting any videos up unless FST FORD will do one for me, I'll have to ask him.

Andy

derek02gt said:
hey whats up guys, i am the new owner of a 02 gt vert 5spd and i just ordered the slp loudmouth. I had a 98 z28 vert 6spd before this car. I had the loudmouth installed on the Z but i didnt think it sounded that great except at Full Throttle. But then again, i didnt think *ANY* exhaust on the LS1 sounded great compared to a Mustang. I always had mustang guys compliment me on my exhaust when i shot past em. Main reason for getting the loudmouth is the price, got mine for 300+shipping. Since the mustang is true dual i am expecting a better sound. You know how mustangs exhaust have that definition where you "know" its a mustang sound..will the loudmouth for the 4.6 2v have that "mustang sound" or will it be totally different?
It has the "mustang sound", and VERY deep. I love my loudmouth catback! It's very loud...maybe sometime in the future, no cats! :D