Just installed new Steering wheel, now my ignition is F'ed up!?

90lxcoupe

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 7, 2003
ok so i just got my momo steering wheel and SVO calipers and master cylinder from Maximum Motorsports. i put the steering wheel on and it looks great, but now when i turn the ignition key to the on position there is not any spring in it, and the power dosent work, car wont crank or start etc...

could i have shorted something out when i took the old steering wheel off? i am clueless to what is wrong right now, i sat there for a while trying to fix it but i had no luck.

• Sponsors (?)

sounds like your switch is not fully seated and aligned. if you have a repair manual you can remove lock cylinder and reinstall. a repair manual will show you correct way to install.did you remove lock cylinder to install steering wheel.

There is a FREE recall on Ford ignition switches. They overheat and sometimes catch fire.

Copy down you VIN number and call the Ford dealer nearest you. Tell them you want to see if the ignition switch recall for Fords & Mustangs was done on your car. They will ask for the VIN number & check it against the master database. If it isn't in the datbase, then you can schedule an appointment to have the switch replaced for free. The TSB is #95S28, and don't let them tell you that they don't do that anymore...

ExplodingGopher said:
Will it crank when you jump the solenoid?

havent tried that, but dont see why it wouldnt cause i havent touched anything under the hood since i stored the car. just to be sure it is the solenoid right near the battery, correct?

ExplodingGopher said:
yeah, mine did this too after i put a new ign. switch in. My key will turn on the electrics, but no crank. The solenoid works if i jump it, so i made a push button starter to just bypass it.

see thats where my problem is different cause i have no power at all when the key is in the "on" position and there is still no powerwhen i turn it back to the accessory position. but i bought a new lock cylinder and ignition switch so that should do the trick.