just ordered cobra rear bumper and spoiler

cenok is family

15 Year Member
Jun 25, 2003
Norman, Ok
just ordered cobra rear bumper and spoiler: design concepts

well i'm about to start fixing my car; i already had a replacement hatch, quarter panel, bumper support, and tail light housing (thanks a TON to stock90gt) all i needed was a new cobra rear bumper cover, and i figured i'd get a cobra spoiler too. I was reading through threads on this board about design concepts(www.designconceptsauto.com) and it seems that people have been pretty satisfied with their product. the only critism i found was from people with NO experience with them. apparently they're in some way affiliated with cervinis? or they get cervini's rejects or something? who here has any experience with design concepts and their products? i'd like a couple more, up-to-date opinions. thanks a ton!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm gonna tell you the samething TONS of other people will tell you. CERVINIS = QUALITY. PERIOD There is no company that compares to them with these aftermarket bumpers/hoods etc. I have the S-type ground effects and my body man said they were some of the best moldings he'd ever seen. Spend the extra money and just buy cervinis. Its money well spent! You'll never regret it. What you will regret is when you buy a cheaper product and you find out "Oh **** now i see why these were so cheap!" Then you'll wish you would have bought Cervinis for a little more money. Or you'll put more labor in at the body shop into preping the cheaper parts, where Cervinis you wouldn't need it. And at $60.00 + an hour that chit adds up quick! "You get what you pay for"

+1 for Cervinis, but i will say they're not perfect either. My buddy's Stalker fits like a big piece-o-crap on one side. We tried everything to get it lined up and it just doesn't fit right. Very disappointing for what he paid for it.

Also the Cobra wing/bumper is the best combo out there for a hatch IMO. Maybe a Cobra wing and Saleen bumper...

again, to answer the question you asked about Design Concepts (which apparently people cant seem to do these days)

I have their cobra rear spoiler and bumper cover and couldnt be happier, the amount of prep work was minimal, i know first hand since im the one that did the prep work.

The only thing i had to do was knock down a small flashing line on the side of the bumper cover, took a whole 30 seconds to do.

Only real complaint was the spoiler, had to figure out where to drill the extra holes myself, which was kind of a pain, but nothing more than a little bit of time to accomplish.

Hope this helps

I have the bummer and spoiler from there, the spoiler had a few pin holes in the back, but easy to fill in (probly just alittle bit from the mold). The rear bumper bolted up easy even to my bent ass car, i didnt put the side bolts in and it sags alittle b/c of it, need to put them in so it sits right. But for the price no complaints from me.

I have a Cervini's rear bumper and Design Concepts wing. Both are top notch. Design Concepts uses old Cervini's molds, that's why they're so good. SOME, naturally, have eroded/worn out throughout the years and therefore once in a while a less-than-stellar run of parts goes out.

Someone here just had a poor representation of a Cobra rear he got from DC a couple months ago, if not more recently. The molding trim around the perimeter of the bumper cover were very thin. That's the first poorly produced piece I've ever seen pictures of coming from DC in years.

Ask ALMOST STOCK how quality his Cervini's Stalker bumper cover was. On the other hand, mine is fine after a longer period of time. My point is ANYWHERE can be hit or miss :shrug:

cool, thanks for the responses guys. i was going to go cervini's for sure, but after going over my budget, it was just easier for me to go with DC. stock90GT, i went out there like last friday i think, pretty late at night too. we went out to his grandparents house and got the quarter and hatch off some blue LX hatch. that guy's got a lot of stangs! saw a couple t top cars sitting in the field too. man, that was a task getting those parts! it was like 30*, in pitch black in the middle of a field with a generator, a couple saw-zaw's and a toolbox. Jaswir, freight on the bumper from NJ to OK was $125. i looked at a freight charges map and i think FL is like $110. they should both be here hopefully by weeks end, if not the beginning of next week, i'll let you guys know how everything fits.

cool, thanks for the responses guys. i was going to go cervini's for sure, but after going over my budget, it was just easier for me to go with DC. stock90GT, i went out there like last friday i think, pretty late at night too. we went out to his grandparents house and got the quarter and hatch off some blue LX hatch. that guy's got a lot of stangs! saw a couple t top cars sitting in the field too. man, that was a task getting those parts! it was like 30*, in pitch black in the middle of a field with a generator, a couple saw-zaw's and a toolbox. Jaswir, freight on the bumper from NJ to OK was $125. i looked at a freight charges map and i think FL is like $110. they should both be here hopefully by weeks end, if not the beginning of next week, i'll let you guys know how everything fits.

dang that eliminates one of the perfect ones, i think he still has a perfect silver lx hatch, i wonder if he still has the good t-top hatch roller? so the white coupe was done?

i got the cervinis cobra rear bumper.it fit great except the right side cutout for the exhaust isn't exactly perfect but it's not a bad product.i also got their 4" cowl hood and also not perfect but fit's way better than others i've used.