Just picked up my next Project!

Trboh22

Aug 19, 2002
Hi everyone! Been a while since I've posted since I sold my last stang (in my sig). I've been looking for another, but really wanted a project car, and I brought one home yesterday. A friend of mine had this car, and I picked it up for $900.00 lol. It's an 88 LX (rust free), and was a 4 cyl auto car. Its been swapped for the 5.0 with a T5. It won't look like this for long, I'm going to start my body and paint work within the next 2 months, and I'll be doing all body and paint work myself (gotta get some use out of those degrees lol). All the red interior will be replaced, unsure on weather I'm going white or black yet. Color will be completely changed, although I'm debating on what those colors will be, and what kind of design I want to do...throw some ideas out there! A year from now hopefully if all goes well I'll be throwing on a B&G Custom turbo kit, Megasquirt and supporting fuel mods on the stock block till she quits. When the T5 Goes, I'll be replacing that with a C4 (unsure who I'll go through yet). Anyways, heres some pics for you. A couple with my DD as well.

View attachment 249237

View attachment 249238

View attachment 249239

View attachment 249240

View attachment 249241

View attachment 249242

View attachment 249243

View attachment 249244

View attachment 249245

View attachment 249246

• Sponsors (?)

Black is always the first choice for interior, but I would love to see a custom setup with everything white. You could just prep and paint the stoick console and dash. Or how about white with black accents and trim?

What color will the car be?

I'm thinking rear seat delete for sure...with white "pleather" lol fronts, possibly 99-04 white leather vert seats...The dash and console can be taken care of easy enough. I'm thinking primary extrerior color will be a pearl white with candy apple red, or candy limeish green tear drops (like flames, but tear drops instead)...I'm open to ideas. All the interior, motor, everything will be pulled for the paint work.

Apparently the 8.8 is one thing that didn't get swapped over :( , Anyone know if an sn95 8.8 with discs will work out ok? Plan on going 5 lug anyways, and if they're the same width would take a little work out of the swap...

The T/C axles and the '94-'98 axles are all .75" wider than a Fox width axle. I am pretty sure the T/C rear housing is the same width as the Fox but the quad shock mounts are in a different location. I know that the '94-'98 housings are the same as Foxes.

Axle width only matters when you run a wide wheel or a wheel with a wierd offset, but there are ways around this.

What wheels will you run?

The T/C axles and the '94-'98 axles are all .75" wider than a Fox width axle. I am pretty sure the T/C rear housing is the same width as the Fox but the quad shock mounts are in a different location. I know that the '94-'98 housings are the same as Foxes.

Axle width only matters when you run a wide wheel or a wheel with a wierd offset, but there are ways around this.

What wheels will you run?

Something along the lines of these is what I'm looking at
scmotorsport_sm.jpg

Polar opposites! update us on your project. Go Huskers

Update #1: My damn rear window came out of the vert top lol!!!!
Update#2: This is obviously not an H.O. Engine, I believe it's out of a Crown Vic more than likely, other than the heads and Cam, what is different (firing order, hydro cam?, yada yada yada.....

anyone know if anyone sells an upholstery kit for JUST the front seats? I'm planning a rear delete, and see no reason to buy a kit for the whole thing....yet thats all I see. Gonna go see a local guy sat.

And I second that Huseker opinion!!! I BELIEVE!!!!!!!:nice:

Update #1: My damn rear window came out of the vert top lol!!!!
Update#2: This is obviously not an H.O. Engine, I believe it's out of a Crown Vic more than likely, other than the heads and Cam, what is different (firing order, hydro cam?, yada yada yada.....

anyone know if anyone sells an upholstery kit for JUST the front seats? I'm planning a rear delete, and see no reason to buy a kit for the whole thing....yet thats all I see. Gonna go see a local guy sat.

And I second that Huseker opinion!!! I BELIEVE!!!!!!!:nice:

H.O. have the 351 firing order.