Just spun my 68 Mustang on an on-ramp... What rear suspension should I put in now?

I'm fine, don't worry, just blew 3 tires. gotta replace one of my bullet rims, my oil pan, and my rear sway bar, but otherwise, i'm basically intact.

i've currently got a c-4 auto with no posi-trac, if i'm not mistaken. the entire rear suspension looks original.

Anyone got any suggestions as to how I could do up my rear suspension to get it a little more tractable?

I'm considering reinforced rear leaf springs and the reverse-eye set up, though I'm not entirely sure what this is - does it mean they use the inside of the eyes of the leaf-spring bolts, and make the leaf spring "arch" more?

that TCP package looks sweet - $3400 is a little pricey though.

anyone have any suggestions? i'm in the $300 - $600 range, street driving with an emphasis on freeways (emphasis on high-speed transients - how i drive)

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Glad your ok, well, this is how my rear is set up.
stock 8"
3.00 gears
5 leaf mid-eye springs, kyb shocks

soon to be:
9" with posi/locker
3.55-3.89 gears
5 leaf mideyes, kyb shock

i like the 5 leafs because of the stiffness and the mid-eye bolt dropped my rear an inch. The ---eye means the position of the bolts in comparison to the spring. Standard just curves right around, mid-eye curves down then up-placing the bolt along the same plane as the spring, reverse eye curves opposite of the standard. usually the mid-eye will give you a 1" drop and the reverse-eye a 2" drop.
Oh yeah, I'm gonna get a set of caltracs too, those are some mean performing traction bars.

You can do anything you want, mild to wild, depending on your application. I got mine and my traction is decent right now (not that I ahve a lot of power right now or anything). My whole suspension was around 700-800, front and rear. Check out other mustang parts houses, I got mine from laurel mtn. mustang.

The Swede