Just Visiting

Dan'l

Founding Member
Aug 2, 2001
wisconsin
Greetings and salutations. I finally got a few minutes to check in. Life's been hectic. Wife's scort wgn turned out to be the last bozo who did a timinng belt didn't get the crank pulley bolt tight enough and the end of the crank bought the farm,A jy motor n plenty of cussin later, that's done. My 91 turned 200,000 miles (U.S.) yesterday, now she knows she's on borrowed time.(literally) the 89 is up and comming. Question then becomes..What stance to give the next one. My 91 has a 24" wheel opening on 205/50/15"s. While the back runs a 27" opening on 225/60/16's. I'm thinking of setting up the 89 at 28"front opening, 27"back opening on 215/60/15's all around------ Jump in. Should I go high or low on this one?

• Sponsors (?)

Put the new one on jack stands for about 6 months and then decide on if you want to replace the rear springs and shocks. In the mean time Bore and Stroke the motor to a 2.5 and toss on a Header, T3/T4 Hybrid, and Spray.

personally dan i wouldnt go with 15"s to much extra space. It seems that a 17" wheel is the right overall shape to fit the entire wheel well. I saw a car that had pony "R" (17" replica) wheels on it yesterday, looked real good The car looked lowered but the guy swears it wasnt. It filled up the hole nicely. Not sure on the tire size though.

Dr.